This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"One Mega at a time" is going to ruin the point of Mega's on weaker Pokemon

#1ReachOutToTruthPosted 9/23/2013 12:42:48 PM
Oh yay! Mawile got a Mega Evo! Wait, only one Mega at a time?

So I can either use Mega Mawile...or this infinitely better Mega Pokemon...but not both.

I dunno, why not just give pokemon like Absol and Mawile proper evos and leave the mega stuff to the Pokemon that were going to be used anyways.
---
It probably takes rocks and GA GONGs people with them!
#2RotomGuy3Posted 9/23/2013 12:44:18 PM
If it raises its stats to Legendary status, I don't think they are going to go to over the top with already strong ones, and I think they are going to go all the way with less strong ones.
#3JustwanttolookPosted 9/23/2013 12:45:35 PM
If there wasn't a limit, every OU team would only consist of Megas.
Cool Idea.
---
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
#4Tigo73Posted 9/23/2013 12:45:36 PM
They are probably giving more/better boosts to weaker Pokemon. Case in point, Mawile gets boosted defenses and huge power, Chompy gets lowered speed.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#5ReachOutToTruth(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 12:48:20 PM
Justwanttolook posted...
If there wasn't a limit, every OU team would only consist of Megas.
Cool Idea.

I don't see the problem with this, really. You could always establish a no-mega or limited-mega alternative metagame. And it's not like OU is very creative now anyways, with only a handful of all the Pokemon viable and being stupidly centralized around perma-weather.
---
#6JustwanttolookPosted 9/23/2013 12:52:43 PM
Yeah, so the majority of Pokemon would not have a shot of ever being OU, Including All Kalos pokemon. Yay!
Honestly the Limit is reasonable and you don't know how all the Pokemon in their Megaforme will compare. Just because regular Ampharos isn't as viable as Garchomp, doesn't mean that it is the case for their Mega-Formes.
---
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
#7ReachOutToTruth(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 12:58:12 PM
Justwanttolook posted...
Yeah, so the majority of Pokemon would not have a shot of ever being OU, Including All Kalos pokemon. Yay!
Honestly the Limit is reasonable and you don't know how all the Pokemon in their Megaforme will compare. Just because regular Ampharos isn't as viable as Garchomp, doesn't mean that it is the case for their Mega-Formes.

Again, not seeing the issue. Why does something NEED to be OU? UU, RU, Little Cup, etc. are all perfectly viable, widely accepted metagames.

And it will happen. Heck, maybe even the inverse will happen and say, Mega Lucario will be useless. It's what ALWAYS happens in a game with a competitive scene, you can't perfectly balance a roster of hundreds of characters.

Legendary Pokemon aren't limited to one a team, but are likely far more broken than any mega will ever be.
---
#8CharizardFirePosted 9/23/2013 12:59:09 PM
Legendary Pokemon aren't limited to one a team, but are likely far more broken than any mega will ever be.

*Points to Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y*
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#9ReachOutToTruth(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 1:00:18 PM
CharizardFire posted...

*Points to Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y*

I don't see what you're getting at. He's a mega who happens to be legendary. What other legendary Pokemon is restricted in this way?
---
#10SorceressTharjaPosted 9/23/2013 1:00:36 PM
Reach, if you think legendaries are broken. Go use these pokemon:
Regigigas
Articuno
Moltres
Regice
Regirock
Mesprit

6 legends, not one above RU.