This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To Kill a Fairy-Type

#1KeyserVancePosted 9/23/2013 1:48:48 PM
I'm very excited about the Fairy type. I can't wait to find a favorite one to use and a preferred method of dismantling opposing Fairies. This topic is for us to pre-emptively study and theorize on which Pokemon will be best at countering Fairies.

The elements to consider: Fairies' statistic tendencies (in which attack types and defenses do they excel or fall short?), their weaknesses (which Poison and Steel types have resistances to Fairy and their paired types through dual typing?), and further analysis of each element as we discover more options.

I'm most interested in taking advantage of their Poison weakness. I am looking for good Poison-types to use, and my mind always goes to Gengar. This is not the only good Poison-type; I also love Scolipede, Crobat, Nidoking, Tentacruel, Drapion, and Toxicroak. Skrelp could be a option depending on its evolution, stats, movepool, etc. These are just my preferred Poison-types, and there are a few more to consider.

Offensive Steel-types are now more important than ever. Metagross, Scizor, Lucario, Jirachi, and even Magnezone come to mind. I love Empoleon, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory but find them less potent as Steel-STAB-wielders. Maybe I'm mistaken with Empoleon, it has a lot of potential with Flash Cannon.

There are a lot of options even with Fairy only having two weaknesses to take advantage of. Any other Pokemon with high offensive stats that can learn Poison or Steel moves should be weighed and measured. Share your thoughts and we can get a leg up on tomorrow's meta.
---
Diamond Friend Code - KEYSER, 2921 9164 8828
SoulSilver Friend Code - KEYSER, 1634 6957 5881
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 9/23/2013 1:57:03 PM
Scizor and Metagross.

/topic
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#3All-icePosted 9/23/2013 2:00:04 PM
To long/didn't read

Fairies are weak to Steel/Poison

If they have a second typing, figure out what it's weaknesses are and use an attack Super Effective on it.

This really wasn't necessary -_-
---
"Everything will be okay, in the end! If it's not okay, it's not the end"
http://allice.imgur.com *Last updated on 08/25/13*
#4CharizardFirePosted 9/23/2013 2:00:09 PM
which Poison and Steel types have resistances to Fairy and their paired types through dual typing?

Well, Poison and Steel resist Fairy, so that makes things a bit simpler.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#5Unbridled9Posted 9/23/2013 2:05:45 PM
Only two weaknesses KNOWN ATM. There may be more as we learn more. Plus, we have no idea what a fairy stat-build will tend towards (though special seems likely).
---
Sanity. The most important, yet most lacking, thing in the world these days. Try sanity today! Accept no substitutes!
#6KeyserVance(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 2:08:34 PM
This is meant for thorough discussion, and is an attempt to find the optimal methods of taking out the Fairies. You have to consider the other types that resist Fairy like Fire, etc. What kind of thread is necessary right now if not a thorough discussion on one of the most exciting and new driving forces in the metagame?
---
#7NextgrandcrossPosted 9/23/2013 2:11:32 PM
Just kill the damn fairies with Fire, Steel, Poison, plus their second typing weaknesses if they got it, then call it a day.
#8KeyserVance(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 4:39:01 PM
Unbridled9 posted...
Only two weaknesses KNOWN ATM. There may be more as we learn more. Plus, we have no idea what a fairy stat-build will tend towards (though special seems likely).

I agree that we are likely to see more Fairies leaning towards Special A/D than Physical. If this is the case, Gengar with Sludge Bomb is not going to be quite as effective as I hope it will be. Here, Metagross and Scizor will be common answers. I am more interested in the potential of Poison-types and exploiting them effectively. I should note that Venusaur is going to be a good contender for hitting Fairies where it hurts, especially so with its Megaevolution.
---
#9FafnirPosted 9/23/2013 4:47:23 PM
Kill it with steel before you kill it with poison. Poison still sucks.
---
Gamefaqs mods are fair and knowledgable. Failure to accept this fact will result in immediate suspension with no review.
#10the_cajun88Posted 9/23/2013 4:49:39 PM
Beat them with any attack they aren't immune to/resist, just like every other Pokemon ever.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg