This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to find your team (Competitively)?

#1ThePokeMan98Posted 9/23/2013 1:08:19 PM
I've been battling competitively in pokemon since Gen 5, and in these years I've still failed to find a team I actually like. I've tried pretty much every type of team you can imagine. Offensive. Hyper offense. Bulky offense. Baton pass. Defensive. Stall. Trick room. Wonder room. Mono teams. Hazard teams. Gimmick teams.... The list just goes on.

And still, I continue to get bored after one match or can't find any success in any of my teams. It's really frustrating. I honestly don't know what I can possibly do to find a team I really like, or even one that can hold its own.
I've tried every f***ing thing you can do. I took pokemon I like and made them the core. I've tried focusing on type synergy and putting pokemon that work well together in the same team. I copied teams made by other people...

Nothing works. Yet, I still want to battle. Anyone know how you find the team. I'm just sick of copying s*** off of someone's RMT or on Smogon. I just want to be original and have some fun for a change.
---
It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents dealt. - Grimsley
#2fahademonPosted 9/23/2013 1:15:23 PM
Heres a tip:Be creative.Use whatever the hell you want.
---
http://tinyurl.com/OperationDecode | Please sign this for Digimon Re:Digitize Decode to get localized!(see quote)
Official (Shadow)Lugia of all Pokemon Boards.
#3All-icePosted 9/23/2013 1:18:16 PM
Maybe it's not meant for you?

If you did try every kind of Team/Strategy out there and didn't have fun, then the Competitive scene isn't for you =/
---
"Everything will be okay, in the end! If it's not okay, it's not the end"
http://allice.imgur.com *Last updated on 08/25/13*
#4RudokuPosted 9/23/2013 1:20:36 PM
There's too many people playing to be worried about being truly original. Just pick a pokémon you like and make it kick ass*.

*Don't like Flareon, Luvdisc or Lumineon.
---
Magical Scientist is more perfect than EotS because you get to shoot dinosaurs out of a turtle.
#5LoveSquirtlePosted 9/23/2013 1:25:58 PM
Just put together a bunch of threats that can work good together, or just wait until gen 6 to get into competitive battling. There will be new abilities, moves, items etc, so there really is no point to stay behind in gen 5 unless you really like it. I too started competitive battling in gen 5, was pretty decent at it, but then decided to start waiting for gen 6. If you want, you can make a team and have people over at the Smogon forums rate it and give suggestions.