This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else think The Origin only being a special is a huge waste?

#1ChrnoDstroyer12Posted 9/23/2013 4:39:57 PM
It could have been the Pokemon anime for older audiences, the ones who grew up with the series from Red and Blue and still love it.

Nevertheless, it still looks like it's going to be amazing, even for a hour and a half long .... movie basically.
#2Doctor_SpankyPosted 9/23/2013 4:41:11 PM
No, I'm mostly just happy that we're getting it at all. Plus movies tend to have better stories than TV shows (not always), because they have an end in sight. As opposed to just meandering for endless seasons COUGHCOUGHTHEPOKEMONANIMECOUGH
#3SlimeStackPosted 9/23/2013 4:41:39 PM
Stretch the origin out to 50 episodes a year and it'll be the current anime except Ash is called Red and didn't start with a Pikachu. <.<
---
Blah.
#4ChrnoDstroyer12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 4:44:20 PM
SlimeStack posted...
Stretch the origin out to 50 episodes a year and it'll be the current anime except Ash is called Red and didn't start with a Pikachu. <.<

I don't mean it should be THAT long. I meant give it 12 or 24 episodes, like a normal anime. Have it just be Red's adventure through Kanto.

Jamming that adventure into an hour and a half movie is going to leave a lot out.
#5el_tercer_poderPosted 9/23/2013 4:48:59 PM(edited)
I really hope it's like an experiment to see if such a concept gets popular; and if it does, to turn it into a full-fledged series.

EDIT:
ChrnoDstroyer12 posted...
It could have been the Pokemon anime for older audiences, the ones who grew up with the series from Red and Blue and still love it.

Nevertheless, it still looks like it's going to be amazing, even for a hour and a half long .... movie basically.

This is not *exactly* a movie. It's like a mini-series divided in 4 episodes ("Red," "Cubone," "Giovanni"" and "Charizard.").

(Source: http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/ )
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#6SlimeStackPosted 9/23/2013 4:46:14 PM
ChrnoDstroyer12 posted...
SlimeStack posted...

I don't mean it should be THAT long. I meant give it 12 or 24 episodes, like a normal anime. Have it just be Red's adventure through Kanto.

Jamming that adventure into an hour and a half movie is going to leave a lot out.

It would still be the normal anime without the filler though more or less. The difference wouldn't be big enough to warrant a separate series, and it'll never be any more mature.

I would watch it, sure, but I wouldn't expect anything especially different.
---
Blah.
#7RedShadowwwPosted 9/23/2013 4:47:09 PM
el_tercer_poder posted...
I really hope it's like an experiment to see if such a concept gets popular; and if it does, to turn it into a full-fledged series.

Maybe even have an anime adaption of the manga.... I can dream ;(
---
3DS Friend Code: 2637-9811-0553
Add me for Pokemon X/Y, PM me with your friend code if you did.
#8BrightStar7Posted 9/23/2013 4:52:21 PM
I wonder if people realize how very expensive quality animation is.
---
BANZAI Xerneas-sama!!! >_<
#9ShinyToyPaladinPosted 9/23/2013 4:54:59 PM
I'm really looking forward to it.

It would be great if this was a test run for a new mature anime to cater more to the older crowd who play Pokemon.
#10Zoramon089Posted 9/23/2013 5:04:22 PM
i'm shocked by the amount of people who would rather have a longer anime, with tons of filler and crappier animation, than a condensed well animated OVA
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4470 0364 4689
"Have you actually seen the scene in question? It needs some crackers to go with its cheese." - Poppadop