This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When should we find out if Gamestop is having a midnight release?

#1xxgamer91xxPosted 9/23/2013 4:54:44 PM
Question I was wondering when should we find out if Gamestop will be having a midnight release for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y?
#2ZXpenguinlordPosted 9/23/2013 4:55:31 PM
They won't.
---
Meep.
#3patkelly929Posted 9/23/2013 4:56:40 PM
It's unlikely since the target audience's bedtime is way before midnight.

That's what my Gamestop said. And I don't blame them. Pretty sound logic.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
Green & Blue Bird, this is Mr. Fabulous, we are a go for cheesin' it. - Bender
#4SupahJemPosted 9/23/2013 4:58:11 PM
I already made a thread about this.

If you have a 24/7 Walmart near you, be there at midnight and ask for them to bring out the game.

I did it for Pokemon Black and White with my friends. No pre-order, just tell them "The game comes out today, can you go see if Pokemon X and Y are in the back?" and they will come out with them.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: SupahJem
#5nro87Posted 9/23/2013 4:59:35 PM
GameStop decides on midnight releases based on how many pre-orders they get. If your store has 100 pre-orders, they will probably have a midnight release. They should know by now if they will or not.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#6raikou68Posted 9/23/2013 5:00:22 PM
Some will, some won't.

Why don't you check to see if yours will do one or not?
---
PSN:DWinchester
Tell me who you are and that you're from GFAQs in your message in your request or i won't add you.
#7soren013Posted 9/26/2013 9:43:58 PM
When I was at mine last week, they said they needed 3 more preorders to have one, and when I went in today, they had signs everywhere announcing the midnight release. The Gamestop is very close to a college campus, however, so most of their customers would actually be willing to go to it (and 3 of the 4 employees I know there all are getting the game and probably wanted it too).
---
Eric in Tellius
0602-9759-0348