This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was there any word on mega evolutions being only fully evolved pokes?

#1Pheonix_DragonPosted 9/23/2013 6:46:33 PM
For example, could there be a mega-pikachu and no mega-raichu? I have not been paying close enough attention to the grammar of the releases but I thought that this might be a possibility.

Any possibility of NFEs getting mega-evos without their acutally evos getting them?
---
I understand my username has an error. Just live with it. However, to see my real signature simply hit alt F4.
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Xero127
#2Kinneth123Posted 9/23/2013 6:48:03 PM
Every single mega evo so far has been a Pokemon that doesn't evolve or is at it's highest evolved form, so it's safe to assume.

Why on earth would they give a previous evolution a mega evo when mega evos are supposed to be the Pokemon surpassing it's limits? It's limit is it's furthest along evolved form.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#3DrOchasioPosted 9/23/2013 6:49:34 PM
If Pikachu gets another thing Raichu doesn't I will cry.

I'm almost positive it was said only pokemon that can no longer evolve can mega evolve and it doesn't make sense for a NFE to mega evolve the way they described it.
---
woah woah
#4Pheonix_Dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 6:54:17 PM
DrOchasio posted...

I'm almost positive it was said only pokemon that can no longer evolve can mega evolve and it doesn't make sense for a NFE to mega evolve the way they described it.

Hmmm, fair enough then. I though that it might be like how slowpoke got branched evolutions. If GF wants to play up the cute factor of some previous NFE's then that is a route that they can take.
---
I understand my username has an error. Just live with it. However, to see my real signature simply hit alt F4.
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Xero127
#5NanaboboPosted 9/23/2013 7:01:18 PM
The closest to confirming it's only fully-evolved was something along the lines of, "Once a Pokemon has fully-evolved, there's still a way for it to achieve an even greater power!"
It seems likely it's only fully-evolved Pokemon.

I mean it's possible lower evolutions may get Megas, but we haven't seen anything about it. And it'd be a really D move to let Pikachu have TWO ways to outperform Raichu...
---
ACNL Dream Address 4100-2150-3577
#6FryDays5000Posted 9/23/2013 7:18:40 PM
DrOchasio posted...

Didn't they said in a interview that they didn't want to make a forth stage while keeping the game balanced? Thats why they made temporary upgrades from a use of a held item. Im pretty sure its safe to set "only final and single stages getting megas" to stone now. Have they ever lied in their interviews before?
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#7FryDays5000Posted 9/24/2013 9:49:14 AM
Bump
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#8MogKnightAzurePosted 9/24/2013 9:55:21 AM
Pikachu having a mega evolution and not Raichu could happen simply by being the exact same case as the Light Ball... an item that greatly increases Pikachu's power that only Pikachu can make use of. Simply by virtue of being the mascot of the entire series they could do this. While I agree its not fair to Raichu, I also realize that such feelings are completely irrelevant. Raichu might as well not exist if you compare his relevance to the series to Pikachu's.

That said, Pikachu would likely be the only exception to mega pokemon being fully evolved.
#9NitharadPosted 9/24/2013 10:02:51 AM
That would be stupid, because you would have to make the descision of evolving your Pokemon or not just to use the mega-evolution.

That would either make the mega-evolution worthless because the evolved Pokemon is propably stronger in some way and can hold an item, or it makes the actual evolution worthless because the mega is so much better.
Would just be really bad game design imo.
#10MogKnightAzurePosted 9/24/2013 10:05:26 AM
Nitharad posted...
That would be stupid, because you would have to make the descision of evolving your Pokemon or not just to use the mega-evolution.

That would either make the mega-evolution worthless because the evolved Pokemon is propably stronger in some way and can hold an item, or it makes the actual evolution worthless because the mega is so much better.
Would just be really bad game design imo.

Again... this decision is already in the game, its called the Light Ball. Pikachu is better than Raichu with it. Giving Pikachu another held item to achieve what will probably be the same thing is actually a non-issue.