This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA: Please treat leaks/rumors as spoilers from now on

#1SocranPosted 9/23/2013 6:56:42 PM
As you may have seen in a few topics (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67315715), many people intend to "go dark" as soon as the major, legitimate leaks start popping up, but are sticking around just long enough to hopefully find out what the starter evolutions are. Out of respect for your fellow posters, I'd like to ask that we treat any further leaks/rumors as if they were spoilers, which means not mentioning them in topic titles, or bringing them into discussions that aren't already leak-related (except perhaps with spoiler tags). I just remember back when that fake "full Pokedex leak" happened, everyone was posting about various "leaked" Pokemon in topic titles and bringing them up elsewhere. Despite openly avoiding that "leak" and all related topics, I still ended up having every last supposed legendary "spoiled", which would have been very upsetting if it had been true.

So please respect your fellow posters who are only looking for specific information. You can still discuss things, just try not to take anybody by surprise.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#2jayman7Posted 9/23/2013 6:57:44 PM
While I'm not saying you're wrong, someone truly determined to "go dark" would be wise not to visit this forum at all.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3SalsaSavantPosted 9/23/2013 6:58:09 PM
If they're "going dark" then why are they here?
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#4SuperSonicDBZPosted 9/23/2013 6:58:29 PM
jayman7 posted...
While I'm not saying you're wrong, someone truly determined to "go dark" would be wise not to visit this forum at all.

---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#5DrakoVongola1Posted 9/23/2013 6:58:41 PM
jayman7 posted...

---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#6NextgrandcrossPosted 9/23/2013 6:59:55 PM
I'd appreciate it if people were to Source their info before they start spewing random crap.
#7LexifoxPosted 9/23/2013 7:00:26 PM
"Guys, stop talking about the game on the forum about discussing this game."
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#8Second_ChancesPosted 9/23/2013 7:02:03 PM
From my topic on if the newest "leaks" are true:

It seems like someone is playing through the game from the start right now and just giving PokeBeach what they find out as they do.

Maybe some review copies have come out, and our new mystery leaker is a professional reviewer who's leaking out info with PokeBeach as a middleman so he doesn't get nailed for breaking his non-disclosure agreements and such.

If so, we might be able to expect info on the rest of the game to go up on PokeBeach over the next few days. Those who want to ensure a spoiler-free first run might want to abandon the internet at this point.
#9Socran(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 7:05:14 PM(edited)
SalsaSavant posted...

Like I said, people are still looking for official announcements and discussions thereof, mainly for the starter evolutions. They'll leave as soon as the leaks start, but they won't know that the leaks have started until people start talking about them. And if those discussions begin with "So about that giant donut Pokemon" instead of "So the leaks have finally happened", then they'll have been spoiled before they even knew there was anything to spoil.

Either way, you should always take other people into consideration. It doesn't matter whether you think they "should" be here, it's incredibly simply to accomodate for it, and shouldn't cause you any trouble at all.

Lexifox posted...
"Guys, stop talking about the game on the forum about discussing this game."

You could say the same thing about any spoilers, ever. Just treat them the same way, because at this point that's what they are.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#10DrakoVongola1Posted 9/23/2013 7:04:16 PM
Socran posted...
SalsaSavant posted...

Like I said, people are still looking for official announcements and discussions thereof, mainly for the starter evolutions. They'll leave as soon as the leaks start, but they won't know that the leaks have started until people start talking about them. And if those discussions begin with "So about that giant donut Pokemon" instead of "So the leaks have finally happened", then they'll have been spoiled before they even knew there was anything to spoil.

Either way, you should always take other people into consideration. It doesn't matter whether you think they "should" be here, it's incredibly simply to accomodate for it, and shouldn't cause you any trouble at all.

That's their fault. This close to release they should expect leaks.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.