This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will wild and trainer pokemon have EV's?

#1DuthosPosted 9/23/2013 9:12:22 PM
Every critter caught in every previous game had 0 EV's, regardless of level, and I am nearly certain trainers critters also have 0 EV's.

Think this will be different in X/Y? It always bothered me that, in game, the player has a huge advantage having access to an entire mechanic the is not used by anything you can fight.

Unless I am wrong about trainer pokemon EV's, of course.
---
My superiority complex is better than yours.
#2OldDirtyCRPosted 9/23/2013 9:15:54 PM
Battle Frontier trainers did apparently (and I'm guessing any subsequent versions in the games after). Everything else (bar perhaps the Elite 4) did not.

I'd actually be interested to see EV's added to trainers in a "hard" mode. EV's on wild pokemon would be kind of lame and I strongly hope it doesn't happen. It would just screw with leveling and training your pokemon
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#3PikaleyPosted 9/23/2013 9:17:20 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
Battle Frontier trainers did apparently (and I'm guessing any subsequent versions in the games after). Everything else (bar perhaps the Elite 4) did not.

I'd actually be interested to see EV's added to trainers in a "hard" mode. EV's on wild pokemon would be kind of lame and I strongly hope it doesn't happen. It would just screw with leveling and training your pokemon

trainers would make sense but not on wild pokemon, would kinda screw up the pokemon thats trined being stronger then same pokemon being wild
---
3ds fc - 4983-5114-5815, Name: Brad
Official Pikachu and MegaPikachu of the Pokemon X Board
#4SupahJemPosted 9/23/2013 9:55:39 PM
They won't add EV's to trainers in the main game. The idea of Pokemon is to cater to casuals, and if casuals start struggling to beat Trainers then it makes casuals mad.

They want any team to be able to go throughout the game and beat the whole game
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: SupahJem
#5MetleonPosted 9/23/2013 10:00:55 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...

I think outside of the Battle Tower, no trainer's Pokemon had EVs and even then, they just went with 255 in 2 different stats. Although, I'm fairly certain Cynthia's Garchomp had 31 IVs in every stat and Joey's Ratata had like 26+ in every stats with 31 in Atk and Spe, putting it in the top percentage of Ratata.

If there is a real hard mode, I hope they give the important trainers' Pokemon EVs.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#6jokrayzPosted 9/23/2013 10:02:05 PM
i will race all of you while riding on a magcargo!