This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is anyone else hoping that Iris is champion again?

#41LexifoxPosted 9/23/2013 11:01:23 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
Lexifox posted...
Blue was the worst champion.

Loser couldn't even last a single battle.

Okay, this is true, but Iris had the worst character. Followed by Lance, and then Wallace. I'm not sure whether I prefer Blue or Cynthia though, and both would have lost to N if he had accepted the title.

What makes Iris's character so bad?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#42Cheesepower5Posted 9/23/2013 11:02:02 PM
I hope the champ is a kingly looking dude called Clovis, personally.

That said, I wouldn't really be too bothered regardless of who the champion is. Could be the Biebs for all it really matters.
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#43LightningAce11Posted 9/23/2013 11:04:12 PM
Don't worry Lexi. These guys have terrible arguments and can't defend lance and blue to save their lives.
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#44KeeperOfShadowsPosted 9/23/2013 11:06:08 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
KeeperOfShadows posted...
-_-

You know what he meant...

No I don't, I can only interpret what they meant based on their choice of words. Your interpretation is based on your belief that they used the wrong word, I think they meant what they said.

Unless of course you're psychic...

*facepalm*...fair enough...

My interpretation indeed implies that he meant "game" or "gen" when he said "region". Seeing as how each game is mainly located in one region, I think it'd be an easy mistake to make with gen 2, as its one of two(iirc) exceptions.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#45Sloth9230Posted 9/23/2013 11:07:00 PM
Lexifox posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
Lexifox posted...

Okay, this is true, but Iris had the worst character. Followed by Lance, and then Wallace. I'm not sure whether I prefer Blue or Cynthia though, and both would have lost to N if he had accepted the title.

She's just "there" and has no real personality. Facing her would have been no different than facing a plasma grunt for the champion title. We do get some backstory, but making it exclusive to the memory link was a bad move in my opinion.
#46LexifoxPosted 9/23/2013 11:09:31 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
Lexifox posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
Lexifox posted...

She's just "there" and has no real personality. Facing her would have been no different than facing a plasma grunt for the champion title. We do get some backstory, but making it exclusive to the memory link was a bad move in my opinion.

So she has no personality or story if we just disregard the fact that we're told or told (version-dependent) that she's capable of teaching Draco Meteor to Pokemon (a move traditionally only taught by very old and experienced NPCs) or runs the most powerful gym in the entire region (at the time), is explicitly said to be a pupil of a renown trainer, knows special lore about legendary Pokemon, and then gets more backstory that we disregard because we don't like that it's a Memory Link thing?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#47Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 9/23/2013 11:12:01 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
How long have you even been playing pokemon for?

13 years and counting. I skipped Gen IV entirely, but I started playing the games when I was 8.

Lexifox posted...
No, it's you tugging at straws. She's never annoying in the games, and game Iris is a completely different entity than anime Iris. Do you think Red is awful because he can't win any Pokemon Leagues and releases all his Pokemon and all that jazz, too?

It's not just that. I KNOW they're different in game to their anime counterpart, but the way they chose or chooses to portray Iris in the anime makes me dislike her. It's simple as that...I don't want her being the Champion of this coming region. I may not have valid reasons for thinking she doesn't deserve any rights to being in her position, but it doesn't mean I am wrong.

She's earned her right to be Champion. She was trained by an extremely powerful Gym Leader, she's shown to have a keen understanding of the Dragon type (which rivals that of her elders), she has an extremely high level team, etc., and she has never mocked the player for being "just a little kid".

Besides your last point, any of those can be said for anyone.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EOXWVm0.jpg Do you wanna be cool?
Join the Reservoir Dragons! Support Draceon
for 2013!
#48Sloth9230Posted 9/23/2013 11:12:49 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
Don't worry Lexi. These guys have terrible arguments and can't defend lance and blue to save their lives.

Lance also sucks. Blue is an ass, but that only makes you want to take him down so much more. He's also makes it easier to relate to Red, almost everyone has had a rival at some point in their life and so the final match against Blue feels personal, at least to me it did.
#49Nomorice4UPosted 9/23/2013 11:14:09 PM
Octaivian_Rex posted...
Other option:

Champ Elysees

This needs to happen!!!!
---
Capcom All Star dream team - Dr. Wily/Devilot/Donovan or Rouge/Talbain/Megaman(any)
#50LexifoxPosted 9/23/2013 11:14:50 PM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
It's not just that. I KNOW they're different in game to their anime counterpart, but the way they chose or chooses to portray Iris in the anime makes me dislike her. It's simple as that...I don't want her being the Champion of this coming region. I may not have valid reasons for thinking she doesn't deserve any rights to being in her position, but it doesn't mean I am wrong.

"I know I just said I have no valid points, but that doesn't make me wrong!"

Besides your last point, any of those can be said for anyone.

Because just anyone is a powerful Gym Leader, is stated to understand one of the most mythical and renown types of Pokemon, is able to teach Draco Meteor without being very old, etc.
---