This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Without an "Action Replay 3DS"...

#1InkSpell432Posted 9/23/2013 11:02:26 PM
What major differences would you see in Pokemon X and Y, compared to the past games, whether it be the game itself or the gamers?

One thing I would notice is that not everyone will own a shiny Pokemon easily, unless you have some in your older Pokemon games. Just use Pokebank and you're good to go.

I also won't be expecting any completed Pokedex, and according to Pokemon Black and White Versions, and the sequels, of course, the Pokedex is completed if you have both the original color and the shiny color of nearly 700 Pokemon. That alone is way too much work, even for the hardcore gamer, since the National Pokedex would have over 700 Pokemon in the 6th Generation.

Without an Action Replay 3DS, just how different will Pokemon X and Y be? I think it would stand out a bit. Not too much, at the very least.

...I don't cheat on my Pokemon games, for the record, so it doesn't affect me that much. But nearly everyone I know uses an Action Replay DS on their Pokemon games. Sort of why everyone I know has a lot of Lv. 100 Pokemon.
---
MapleStory - Khaini Server; Main: iDramaStory, Lv. 169 Shadower
"I don't play a lot of 'em, but when I play JRPGs, I get addicted to it." -Me
#2EnferolunosPosted 9/23/2013 11:04:42 PM
No different for me
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#3bararad13Posted 9/23/2013 11:05:29 PM
shinies doesn't count for dex completion
plus I am sure there'll be a way for cloning even without ar..
#4Dohboy101Posted 9/23/2013 11:07:04 PM
Websites bro..

Who needs action replay when there's wifi
#5InkSpell432(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 11:07:57 PM
bararad13 posted...
shinies doesn't count for dex completion
plus I am sure there'll be a way for cloning even without ar..

I was certain shiny Pokemon counted. But thanks a lot!
---
MapleStory - Khaini Server; Main: iDramaStory, Lv. 169 Shadower
"I don't play a lot of 'em, but when I play JRPGs, I get addicted to it." -Me
#613121987Posted 9/23/2013 11:16:06 PM
I would prefer there to be no ar 3ds. Besides I m sure rng would b cracked in a year or so.
#7ao_bomberPosted 9/23/2013 11:49:40 PM
InkSpell432 posted...
What major differences would you see in Pokemon X and Y, compared to the past games, whether it be the game itself or the gamers?

One thing I would notice is that not everyone will own a shiny Pokemon easily, unless you have some in your older Pokemon games. Just use Pokebank and you're good to go.

I also won't be expecting any completed Pokedex, and according to Pokemon Black and White Versions, and the sequels, of course, the Pokedex is completed if you have both the original color and the shiny color of nearly 700 Pokemon. That alone is way too much work, even for the hardcore gamer, since the National Pokedex would have over 700 Pokemon in the 6th Generation.

Without an Action Replay 3DS, just how different will Pokemon X and Y be? I think it would stand out a bit. Not too much, at the very least.

...I don't cheat on my Pokemon games, for the record, so it doesn't affect me that much. But nearly everyone I know uses an Action Replay DS on their Pokemon games. Sort of why everyone I know has a lot of Lv. 100 Pokemon.

Little to no difference. People forget that you will most likely be able to import Pokemon from the Gen5 games (can't see any reason why this would change), thus AR'd Pokemon will still exist. Only the kalos Pokemon won't be affected, for obvious reasons.
---
ZYL5_
#8EnzanChaudPosted 9/23/2013 11:53:59 PM
Shinnies don't count, but if you want a 200% pokedex, as in a pokedex with all the recordable information you can possibly have for bragging rights, you need to find all the gender variants, all the shinies, and trade Pokemon from every language. That's is near darn impossible.
#9DarkBuster22904Posted 9/24/2013 12:10:26 AM
EnzanChaud posted...
Shinnies don't count, but if you want a 200% pokedex, as in a pokedex with all the recordable information you can possibly have for bragging rights, you need to find all the gender variants, all the shinies, and trade Pokemon from every language. That's is near darn impossible.

hell, spinda alone makes it impossible
---
-DB
#10SkittyOnWailordPosted 9/24/2013 12:13:57 AM
EnzanChaud posted...

That would be impossible anyway since some Pokemon can't be shiny (Reshiram, Zekrom and Keldeo for example).
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\