This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Collection question

#1siegeshotPosted 9/24/2013 12:10:15 AM
Hello,

I've owned and still have copies of every major generation (most, both colors) of the game since day 1. So I want to get that out of the way first. I have a question.

Can I, in this version put together the dream team that I want without having to do any kind of pokewalker, flash game, code from a website, street passing a Gamestop, going to a timed event, multiple 3ds softwares, anything like that?

Will this be the version that I can just flat out make the team that I want from any existing Pokemon without any external BS? It's always driven me nuts how much of an astronomical pain they make it. The closest was maybe Platinum as far as I know, and even that was a pain because of HeartGold / SoulSilver.. and then the leap to Black / White muddied the water even more by having to go get the secret item or you couldn't interface with the prior tiers of pokemon, needing to be certain levels or you can't control them and just bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. Drove me completely away from the franchise for almost two years. By the time I did it I was so irritated I didn't care anymore.

I don't want to debate any of that, or the pokemon I like. I'm just wondering will this finally be the iteration of the game where I can, through completely normal in-game means, quests, hatching, whatever, put a team together?

So if I want a team of just my favorites I could have these characters if I wanted?

Celebi
Rotom
Mawile
Drifblim
Giratina
Victini
Zoroark
Shaymin

Now obviously my initial team will probably need some form of cut and swim and bla bla bla rammed down my throat, but once I'm past all of that, will this title actually let me have the team that I want without all of the hassle? I don't mind playing the game one time through, but I want to be able to seamlessly get the pokemon I actually want. Even if it starts them at level one, I don't care.

Has any info been released on how that's going to work? Or am I going to have to download two 3DS pokemon games, watch the website, play the flash game, and visit Gamestop once a week?

I'm being totally serious. I want to just be able to normally play the game, and get my favorite pokemon... that's how I want to play. And I want to finally have a definitive pokemon title that will last me as long as Platinum did.

Thanks. :) Hopefully someone feels my pain and knows the info.
---
Can we get a standalone console Mercs/Raid with Frank West, Rachael (Rachel) Foley, Quint Cetcham, and Jack Krauser with RE4 Village and RE5 Public Assembly?
#2Dohboy101Posted 9/24/2013 12:11:38 AM
Sweet lineup

NOT!
#3darkdragongirlPosted 9/24/2013 12:12:50 AM
1- I am not sure we know how PokeTransfer works or if there is a prerequisite
2- It doesn't come out until December (In Japan?)
3- They have to be legit Pokémon otherwise the bank will detect it, and delete it. So good luck finding low levels of those Pokémon without searching the trading boards now.
---
#Ma-champ #2013
#4siegeshot(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 10:42:14 AM
darkdragongirl posted...
1- I am not sure we know how PokeTransfer works or if there is a prerequisite
2- It doesn't come out until December (In Japan?)
3- They have to be legit Pokémon otherwise the bank will detect it, and delete it. So good luck finding low levels of those Pokémon without searching the trading boards now.

Thank you for the kind post. ^^

GamefaQs actually shows it coming out October 11th in the US. Is that wrong? I actually thought it was out already and realized we still have some time. :(

They don't have to be lowbie Pokemon I just hope that by the time I can get them that there is actually content left to do with them.

In this version is there supposed to be a legit in-game way to get each Pokemon? As I stated above, it seems to be getting more and more ridiculous post-Platinum.

I'd like to actually put my own team together for once instead of all of the crazy gimmicks and peripheral software / events.
---
Can we get a standalone console Mercs/Raid with Frank West, Rachael (Rachel) Foley, Quint Cetcham, and Jack Krauser with RE4 Village and RE5 Public Assembly?
#5siegeshot(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 10:43:09 AM
Does anyone know if there will be a peripheral-free way to get the prior gen's of Pokemon this iteration?
---
#6RotomGuy3Posted 9/25/2013 10:44:27 AM
Those are some brilliant choices for Pokemon.