This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else been trying to replay Gen V lately?

#11EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 8:36:14 AM
ShadowElite86 posted...
I don't even think I beat the Elite 4 in either gen V game. That gen just didn't do it for me too much for some reason, I lost interest pretty fast despite picking both Black 1 and White 2 up. I'm super hyped for this gen though, more than I have been in a while for any Pokemon game and it feels GREAT.

I like to encourage at least beating Black 1 or White 1 simply because of the very Final Fantasy-esque way in which the story wraps up. It was simply amazing. Sadly the sequels took a step back in plot even if the world and post game are better.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
#12SgtCashmerePosted 9/24/2013 8:45:54 AM
I'm considering playing Black 2 with Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pidgeot, and Butterfree. If not, I'll probably just get some Eeveelutions ready for Gen VI.
#13leak_manPosted 9/24/2013 8:47:14 AM(edited)
Despite some good ideas, the fifth gen games were easily my least favorite.

Something about them seemed off compared to the older games (possibly Pokemon designs, or the region)

I'll go back and replay Soul Silver all day long though.
#14ShadowElite86Posted 9/24/2013 8:47:54 AM
EternalNether posted...
ShadowElite86 posted...
I don't even think I beat the Elite 4 in either gen V game. That gen just didn't do it for me too much for some reason, I lost interest pretty fast despite picking both Black 1 and White 2 up. I'm super hyped for this gen though, more than I have been in a while for any Pokemon game and it feels GREAT.

I like to encourage at least beating Black 1 or White 1 simply because of the very Final Fantasy-esque way in which the story wraps up. It was simply amazing. Sadly the sequels took a step back in plot even if the world and post game are better.

Interesting. I'll have to see what my team looks like, it may take too much effort to get it up to snuff for the Elite 4. I'll give it a go though.
---
3DS FC: 2938-6382-9396
#15CAPSARPosted 9/24/2013 8:53:06 AM
Yeah, I've picked up White 2 and started a play through again.