This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do the Hitmons have such high Special Defense?

#1TorchicBlazikenPosted 9/24/2013 1:11:17 PM
Besides Hitmonlee, their Special Defense is higher than their Attack. WTF? I understand that they wanted to increase their BST in Gen 2 but that is just weird. If anything, Hitmonchan should have had his buff in Special Attack so it could have used the elemental punches effectively. It's not like they are going to survive a Psychic anyway.
#2PikaleyPosted 9/24/2013 1:12:22 PM
i always assumed it was to counter their primary psychic weakness before the physical/special split
---
3ds fc - 4983-5114-5815, Name: Brad
Official Pikachu and MegaPikachu of the Pokemon X Board
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/24/2013 1:12:25 PM
Well it's kind of pointless after the physical special split as the elemental punches are physical now anyways.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#4dancnbnaPosted 9/24/2013 1:13:39 PM
I'd guess it's because they have such fighting spirit it lets them survive attacks that aren't physical blows better.

But since they're not endurance fighters, their HP is low as a result.

Or something.
---
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
#5Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/24/2013 1:15:40 PM
dancnbna posted...
I'd guess it's because they have such fighting spirit it lets them survive attacks that aren't physical blows better.

But since they're not endurance fighters, their HP is low as a result.

Or something.

They're in tune with their chi?
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#6mustardpi314Posted 9/24/2013 1:16:01 PM
they probably overcompensated after they had 35 special in gen 1
---
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards
Now playing SSB games, SSF4AE, and other random stuff.
#7TheMasterTurtlePosted 9/24/2013 1:31:25 PM
It's because of their fighting spirit and willpower.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#8GaiamageXPosted 9/24/2013 1:34:11 PM
TorchicBlaziken posted...
Besides Hitmonlee, their Special Defense is higher than their Attack. WTF? I understand that they wanted to increase their BST in Gen 2 but that is just weird. If anything, Hitmonchan should have had his buff in Special Attack so it could have used the elemental punches effectively. It's not like they are going to survive a Psychic anyway.

I remember my Mewtwo in Stadium 2 only doing about 50% damage with a Psychic. They can certainly take special hits very well.
---
Final Fantasy XIII
- March 9, 2010 -
#9Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/24/2013 1:36:10 PM
GaiamageX posted...
TorchicBlaziken posted...

I remember my Mewtwo in Stadium 2 only doing about 50% damage with a Psychic. They can certainly take special hits very well.

Which Fighting type Pokemon were you hitting, and was it trained to level 100, and not a sub Pokemon?
---
#10shadowpimpstylePosted 9/24/2013 1:37:10 PM
It's because they had such appalling Special in Gen I that they could be dropped by a Bubble attack. Yes. BUBBLE, not Bubblebeam.