This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Generation X will get Pokemon X and Generation Y will get Pokemon Y

#1HermeticJusticePosted 9/24/2013 11:12:48 PM
cuz you know age
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#2PAHERZPosted 9/24/2013 11:15:17 PM
Arent people from generation x nearing their 60s?
---
If i was a potato, i would be a good potato.
#3HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 11:19:14 PM
PAHERZ posted...
Arent people from generation x nearing their 60s?

people from Generation X are supposed born in the early 60s to late 80s, so they can be as old as early 50s to as young as early 30s

I assume most people working on this game are part of Gen X (or in Japan I think they refer to it as being born in the late Showa period)
---
#4IXAGamerPosted 9/24/2013 11:41:30 PM
yeah... most of the older players of Pokemon are GEN Y at most....
---
The poster formerly known as ChristHBK...reborn!!
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1550-4930-2018
#5HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 11:46:12 PM
IXAGamer posted...
yeah... most of the older players of Pokemon are GEN Y at most....

I can see a lot of Gen Z players playing Pokemon as well, especially with Nintendo appealing to the demographic with anime season and the 2DS

If Pokemon is as casual as Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I can also see the older generation buy Pokemon as well

most people in Gen Y have usually played Pokemon since the early releases and in most cases, will continue to play this game
---
#6NessEggmanPosted 9/24/2013 11:48:28 PM
What about the people outside of those?

I'm kinda in the cusp of Generations X and Y. Like, I was born near the end of the "cutoff dates" for Gen X, but I think I experienced mostly the beginnings of Generation Y's "culture" growing up.

IDK, I don't really identify with these generation things, so I really don't know. But just going by what they seem to be, I'm kinda in-between >_>;

My husband is a baby boomer -- what version should he get? XZDDD I think "X" looks kinda like a boom. Like you'd mark a bomb target with an X.. BOOM
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#7ChibiDeidaraPosted 9/24/2013 11:51:04 PM
i'm 26 i don't know where i fall Lol
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-
#8HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 11:58:30 PM
ChibiDeidara posted...

probably generation Y, as that covers early 80s to late 90s, between late Showa period and early Heisei period, up til Heisei 12

major events include:
-started with the election of ronald reagan for president in the usa, or in UK, the election of margaret thatcher as PM
-the end of the cold war in 1991, happening in around the middle of the era
-9/11 which ended the period and gave birth to the Millenials
---
#9NessEggmanPosted 9/24/2013 11:58:45 PM
ChibiDeidara posted...

Generation Y. Pretty sure.

Pretty much I think kids that grew up with Game Boys and Pokemon RBY are Generation Y XZD

I like to think of it as kids who grew up in the dawn of the digital age. Like, have always had computers and video games and stuff like that... but those things were still fairly new and rapidly growing as far as an average consumer was concerned... growing up in the late 90s/ early 00s culture.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#10ChibiDeidaraPosted 9/25/2013 12:04:15 AM
Well i have Owned every Generation of Pokemon so Far . thank for clearing that up for me =)
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-