This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Doublade = Laziest and worst pokemon design in history

#221LexifoxPosted 9/25/2013 10:49:58 PM
GallantChaddymn posted...
Lexifox posted...
GallantChaddymn posted...
Lexifox posted...
Magneton and Dugtrio disagree.

Dugtrio, ill agree.
But ill stop u at Magneton cuz at least HE makes sense.

It makes sense for magnets to attach. The fact that they are literally three Magnemite and, except for being "three of them now", are indistinguishable from Magnemite, is lazy.

Magneton and Magnemite are diferent shades of gray from each other, never being the same to one another in the same game.

Are they different shades, or is this shading? The two are extremely similar coloration at the most extreme.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#222Faust21220Posted 9/26/2013 3:32:33 AM
the garbage pokemon disagree....
---
Aegisfang22: If you play an Elder Scrolls game for the main story...you're doing it wrong.
#223PinxedPosted 9/26/2013 3:59:36 AM
You know those fan pictures of Golurk using Honedge as a sword? I want something like that for the final evolution. Whether you need to level up a Golurk with Doublade in your party (like Mantyke and Remoraid) or it looks like an armored ghost from Streetpass Mii Plaza, I'm okay with it.

Also, I hope the shiny forms are inversions of eachother (Honedge turns red, Doublade turns Blue/Grey).
---
"Do people go to Smogon's forums and complain about GameFaqs?" - Duskull24
"...you are a god among men" - The Red Man
#224fluvr305Posted 9/26/2013 4:04:08 AM
*klink klang klinklang*
Do you hear that? That's the sound of GF designers being lazy.
---
I've got the moves like Jaeger
#225mehmetskiPosted 9/26/2013 4:05:35 AM
if you see the two pink ribbons as arms and the sheathes as chest, i can easily see a third evo making it a complete robot/knight thing
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#226LexifoxPosted 9/26/2013 9:09:02 PM
fluvr305 posted...
*klink klang klinklang*
Do you hear that? That's the sound of GF designers being lazy.

How is it lazy for a gear-based Pokemon to become more complex with more gears, each of which is different, appearing as it evolves?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#227Rayze_DarrPosted 9/26/2013 11:21:28 PM
TC and his supporters are only defending half of his argument.

Yes, Doublade's design, going off of Honedge's as a base, is fairly lazy. If you want to argue that it being the latest in a long line of similarly-designed Pokemon makes it a repeat offense, and thereby lazier, then I can understand that argument.

But, TC also said that Doublade is the worst design in history. Ignoring Honedge, Doublade is an incredibly detailed, cool-looking, unique Pokemon. There are plenty of Pokemon with designs that are noticeably, and objectively, worse. Gen I may be used to excuse the lazy design of older Pokemon, but it doesn't make the design better, does it?

I can understand the minority here who thinks that Electrode's design was less lazy. But you cannot in any way, shape, or form, defend that Electrode's design is "better" than Doublade's.

I'm going to keep this brief:

Doublade looks freaking awesome. The amount of time put into its design is inconsequential, because the effort put into making it in no way affects my enjoyment of the Pokemon itself.
---
3DS FC: 5327 - 0902 - 3469
New Leaf Dream Address: 5500 - 2146 - 0428
#228TherianReturnsPosted 9/26/2013 11:40:30 PM
That's right Pokemon community, stoop to the level of the TC by bashing other Pokemon and make yourself look no better than the TC. So glad I am above it all.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
3DS FC: 1891 1428 1023 - add for Pokemon X/Y
#229warnerbromanPosted 9/27/2013 12:17:26 PM
Muk.....
---
I never heard of warnerbroman [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/chun-lifan/chun-li/prima2.jpg[/IMG] you can't stop staring can you?
#230Mage_LordPosted 9/27/2013 12:32:21 PM
Minccino exists
---
Paildramon for Smash Bros. 5