This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tyrantrum doesn't look either of it's type.

#21AysanderPosted 9/25/2013 1:29:00 PM
Surprised nobody's said "If this thing is a dragon, why aren't Zard and Dos!?"
---
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Pokemon_Dark_Red/index/
#22ShowstopperHeroPosted 9/25/2013 1:33:07 PM
I thought all Fossil types were rock because you make them from a fossil. Like, back when they were alive, Tyrantrum was just a Dragon type, Omastar was just a Water type etc. Since your making them from Fossils, they gain the rock type to them since their basically rocks brought back to life...

Though I dont seem to understand why Tyrantrum couldnt be a dragon. Lots of cultures thought that Dinosaurs were dragons when they first dug up the bones. At this point, its like asking why Altaria and Kingdra are dragon types. Their dragon types because they are. Or because in some lgend or rumor or something, the animals they were based on were once believed to be dragons or something.
#23DaZettaiRyouikiPosted 9/25/2013 1:35:30 PM
The Japanese word for Dinosaur has "Dragon" in it.

That's why.
#24Rydis-ShikoPosted 9/25/2013 2:03:47 PM
ShowstopperHero posted...
I thought all Fossil types were rock because you make them from a fossil. Like, back when they were alive, Tyrantrum was just a Dragon type, Omastar was just a Water type etc. Since your making them from Fossils, they gain the rock type to them since their basically rocks brought back to life...

Though I dont seem to understand why Tyrantrum couldnt be a dragon. Lots of cultures thought that Dinosaurs were dragons when they first dug up the bones. At this point, its like asking why Altaria and Kingdra are dragon types. Their dragon types because they are. Or because in some lgend or rumor or something, the animals they were based on were once believed to be dragons or something.

which is why I said..the actual design, conception and what the pokemon is based off has very little effect on its type. Pokemon aren't typed because of what they are, but just what GF chooses on a whim.
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#25rocky505Posted 9/25/2013 2:07:34 PM
DaZettaiRyouiki posted...
The Japanese word for Dinosaur has "Dragon" in it.

That's why.

This. It's KyoRYU correct?
#26XWolfOPosted 9/25/2013 2:12:27 PM(edited)
Rydis-Shiko posted...
XWolfO posted...
It's a reptile. Dragons are reptiles. Looks dragon to me.

It's that red rocky kind of color. Looks kind of rock to me.

Good enough.

Sceptile is also a reptile.. So don't really matter.

Yeah, whatever, but the fact still remains. Dragons are reptiles, therefore a reptile which is a dragon type does look it's type. More so than a bug (Vibrava) being a dragon type, even if it is a dragonfly.

Also, dragons are reptiles, but not all reptiles are dragons, I know.

And I know, the type choices don't make sense, but here it does make sense. And that's all.
---
Woof...
#27Rydis-ShikoPosted 9/25/2013 2:13:17 PM
XWolfO posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...
XWolfO posted...

Good enough.

Yeah, whatever, but the fact still remains. Dragons are reptiles, therefore a reptile which is a dragon type does look it's type. More so than a bug (Vibrava) being a dragon type, even if it is a dragonfly.

And I know, the type choices don't make sense, but here it does make sense. And that's all.

we all know its dragon type because the only other typing it would of had would match tyranitar. So its different.

And what about it looks like a dragon? Has a reptile jaw?
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#28Sloth9230Posted 9/25/2013 2:14:41 PM
SpikeTbear posted...
Dinosaurs are treated just like any other animals by Gamefreak. They can be any type.

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner!
#29XWolfOPosted 9/25/2013 2:15:04 PM
Rydis-Shiko posted...
XWolfO posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...
XWolfO posted...

Good enough.

we all know its dragon type because the only other typing it would of had would match tyranitar. So its different.

And what about it looks like a dragon? Has a reptile jaw?

Of course. Even I know that.

And yes. That's pretty much it.
---
Woof...
#30BadKarma_JTPosted 9/25/2013 2:20:42 PM
Venusaur - Grass/Dinosaur
Meganium - Grass/Dinosaur
Feraligatr - Water/Dinosaur
Tyranitar - Dark/Dinosaur
Aerodactyl - Rock/Dinosaur (should have levitate)
Ramparados - Rock/Dinosaur
Tyantrum - Rock Dinosaur

The list goes on and on, we should have the Dinosaur type.
---
We can live like Jack and Sally if we want..Where you can always find me.. and We'll have Halloween on Christmas!