This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.
Hmm... I wish you could visit other regions like in gold and silver: When you beat the game, you can visit other regions like kanto, johto in X only. and hoenn, Sinnoh, unova in Y only.
And it begins...
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote
BlackAgumon5 posted...Hmm... I wish you could visit other regions like in gold and silver: When you beat the game, you can visit other regions like kanto, johto in X only. and hoenn, Sinnoh, unova in Y only.
No, i'm just kidding. the other regions is a bad idea for a pokemon game unless it's a remake
Hi. i'm both pokemon and digimon... fan
and missingno. is a digimon and you should know it.
Ignore the fans
Topic should have ended with this post.
University of Tennessee Alumni
1. Remove IVs.
1. I like the idea behind DVs/IVs (give Pokemon some individuality within the same species) but I agree the execution is flawed with anything less than perfect 31 across the board (barring specific Hidden Power goals or intentional 0's for, say, Gyro Ball) can be a liability in battle, particularly in the case of Speed where due to the turn-based nature of the games a single point (act first or not) can be the difference between success and failure.
The problem as I see it isn't necessarily with the values themselves, but rather that they are immutable; if special training (perhaps a new system separate from battle exp and EVs) could overcome/correct deficiencies (think about a training montage in Rocky taking Attack from a 25 to a 31, with breeding simply being a potentially more expedient way to get high natural IVs), would you still be entirely against IVs? I think the game benefitted greatly from Gen 3 introducing elements of customization (EVs most obvious) and IVs are basically another form of it.
2. When teaching HM's give the option to teach as either a Field Utility or as an Attack:
- a. HM learned as a Field Utility does not occupy a move slot and cannot be used as an attack in battle. A Pokemon may know, simultaneously, as many Field Utilities as their movepool allows; Magikarp cannot learn any HM's and would not be able to learn any Field Utilities, but Mew would be able to have all of them at once because it can learn any of them. Field Utilities are never unlearned; a Pokemon taught to Surf will always be able to transport you over water.
- b. HM learned as an Attack functions as HM's always have when used as battle attacks, also teaches its Field Utility, and can be overwritten at any time like any non-HM attacks. Removing the Attack does not "unlearn" the Field Utility.
Keeping HM's and depending on Pokemon for exploration and puzzle solving is in keeping with the spirit of the games, but this change would make it more player-friendly and hopefully remove the need for dedicated "HM Slaves" since almost any team will be able to cover the HMs if they don't require the sacrifice of moveslots to use, i.e. your Charizard could (lulz) know Ember, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Fire Blast for its 4 Attacks but still be able to use Fly, Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, whatever outside of battle.
3. This 150%. The games should be self-contained, with interaction between versions being the only "external" interaction required to access all content.
Between 2 versions in a single gen, make it possible to catch 'em all. Allow you to swap Pokeballs for aesthetic appeal, destroying the original ball used in the process
Yes and yes.
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.
I disagree with HMs being bad. They force the player to make a decisions and compromises.
Your decision is to a) continue progressing in the game or b) stop progressing in the game.
It's not actually a decision, but a requirement.
HMs as Key Items would be the most welcome change.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
erekwashere15 posted...Ignore the fans
How's the "it is raining" message appearing each turn treating you?
Also, don't use the GTS to search for any Pokemon you haven't seen in Generation 6.
Also, forget about penalties for disconnecting.
After all, all fan ideas are terrible.
Sloth9230 posted...erekwashere15 posted...Ignore the fans
Ignore the fans... most of the time.
Agree 100% TC.
I would also adjust the stats, moves, and/or abilities of pokemon that are obviously and completely outclassed in their final evos. That might be stepping on mega-evo's toes some, but some pokemon could really use it even still.
Add user to Ignore List after reporting