This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

On a scale of 1-10, how broken is Steel this gen?

#11aaron1111Posted 9/25/2013 8:32:40 PM
Steel has never given Me a problem. But then again I prefer Fire Pokemon.

I like the new changes. But I don't think steel was ever broken imo.
#12Rook_the_RangerPosted 9/25/2013 8:33:51 PM
8 and that's being generous. It's still a top tier type, but no longer required. Those resistances are valuable, but fairy type means you can use something else to counter dragon.
#13bd43Posted 9/25/2013 9:53:22 PM(edited)
Rook_the_Ranger posted...
8 and that's being generous. It's still a top tier type, but no longer required. Those resistances are valuable, but fairy type means you can use something else to counter dragon.

Fairy type being slightly overpowered doesn't really help. For what it's worth, I said 8 too. But it's mostly just out of respect that types aren't exactly the leading feature in deciding a pokemon is viable. If type were a bigger deal, Steel pokemon would slowly inch up.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#14KillerMechanoidPosted 9/25/2013 10:30:34 PM
It's definitely broken in pieces now, due to that Nerf. The nerf against Ghost was ok, but the nerf against Dark was unnecessary. Besides, Fairy is the new Dragon resistor, and even though Steel got an SE against Fairy, Poison also got one too.
#15Sir_BadassPosted 9/25/2013 10:37:20 PM
This isn't a scale from 1-10. It's a scale from 10-1.
#16Sloth9230Posted 9/25/2013 10:37:39 PM
GeminiDeus posted...
It only gains 1 new Supereffective and loses two of its resistances. Don't see how that's broken.

They also resist Fairy. 1 (SE) + 1 (Resistance) = 2 (Resistances).
#17bd43Posted 9/25/2013 10:47:03 PM
KillerMechanoid posted...
It's definitely broken in pieces now, due to that Nerf. The nerf against Ghost was ok, but the nerf against Dark was unnecessary. Besides, Fairy is the new Dragon resistor, and even though Steel got an SE against Fairy, Poison also got one too.

It's cute, you think that DARK and GHOST are such powerhouse move types that Steel is hurt by losing resistances to them.

People are going to be shocked.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#18KillerMechanoidPosted 9/25/2013 10:51:50 PM(edited)
bd43 posted...

It's cute, you think that DARK and GHOST are such powerhouse move types that Steel is hurt by losing resistances to them.

They aren't really, but those moves will see more use now, especially that Bronzong, Jirachi, Metagross and Doublade are going to take it hard...

Gengar and Tyranitar are snickering at them now.
#19Sloth9230Posted 9/25/2013 10:53:07 PM
bd43 posted...

They aren't really, but those moves will see more use now, especially that Bronzong, Jirachi, Metagross and Doublade are going to take it hard...

Gengar and Tyranitar are snickering at them now.

Tyranitar has no business laughing with that 4 x weakness of his.
#20bassyuraPosted 9/25/2013 10:53:33 PM
Fairy may seemed overpowered (they are weak to the least common attack types and immune to the most destructive), but are they really gonna be competent enough to take on Dragon?

With the Fairies revealed so far, who can stop +1 dragons NOT locked into Outrage? What made Dragons broken were their dual STAB alongside their Dragon typing, which is looking as tho they aren't built to handle.

EQ/Blizzard/Dark Pulse/Hydro Pump/Psyshock/etc

Steel still seems more reliable. Wigglytuff can't take +1 EQ but @least Skarmary can hold its own unless Garchomp has Fire Fang.
---
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!