This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Future of Pokemon

#1DrDon_ChiPosted 9/26/2013 3:39:00 AM
Do you think that the games are going in the right direction. Remember that teaser of the realistic Pokemon about to fight ( Picture of Lucario vs. Blaziken )? That's apparently what future core Pokemon games "may" look like. I personally wouldn't mind future games to look like that, but what do I know what do you think?
---
I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death.
Archer - Unlimited Blade Works
#2xxgamer91xxPosted 9/26/2013 3:41:21 AM
I think there going in the right direction with the art style as of right now. The only thing I think it would make sense would be using the more realistic graphics for like a Pokemon stadium game or the Pokemon rumble games.
#3Draven12391Posted 9/26/2013 4:32:54 AM
I would honestly like a full 3D RPG pokemon game where you create your trainer and explore the world of Pokemon, able to go to all of the regions and try to become a "Pokemon Master" as they put it. I think the games need to come into the next generation standard of graphics and gameplay.
#4gladwyn101Posted 9/26/2013 5:43:55 AM
Draven12391 posted...
I would honestly like a full 3D RPG pokemon game where you create your trainer and explore the world of Pokemon, able to go to all of the regions and try to become a "Pokemon Master" as they put it. I think the games need to come into the next generation standard of graphics and gameplay.

Yes. And make it a sandbox RPG where you can find companions to join you. Also add dialogue options in the way of Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#5evoxpiscesPosted 9/26/2013 5:48:19 AM
Draven12391 posted...

This pretty much. A complete open-world MMO-esque Pokemon game would be phenomenal. I never want it to lose its cartoony appearance, a realistic Pokemon would lose a lot of its charm I think. But Basically imagine World of Warcraft or Skyrim or any open world type game, go anywhere, do anything, not be restricted by silly weeds in the road that we have to cut using an HM. And no random battles either. I'd love it to be like Pokemon Snap where you actually see them in the wild and you can choose to fight them or perhaps the really aggressive ones would approach you. It would just be amazing. Of course at the rate they're going it's a loooong way off. But that's the direction I'd like to see it go in.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1124-3955