This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Ash not Pokemon Master?

#113121987Posted 9/26/2013 4:46:28 AM
I lost count of how many times he saved the world.

If the anime was real life, most of the board couldn't even get 8 badges let alone save the world.
#2hyperdimeduckPosted 9/26/2013 4:47:28 AM
He's a terrible trainer.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
#3DrDon_ChiPosted 9/26/2013 4:50:24 AM
He refuses to evolve his good Pokemon!
---
I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death.
Archer - Unlimited Blade Works
#4Arne83Posted 9/26/2013 4:51:50 AM
Because there is no known way to become a Pokemon Master. It is an unobtainable title that exist solely so Ash can have a goal to work towards for however long the anime lasts.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.
#5JackSolomonPosted 9/26/2013 4:53:15 AM
I don't think we know exactly what a Pokemon Master IS. We know Ash wants to be one, and that's about it.

I kind of think it's a person who has become Champion of all the League's in the world, hence why Ash isn't so worried about his losses at the various Leagues: He's disappointed, yeah, but then he moves onto the next region, so he can learn more, become stronger, wiser, learn new tricks, etc, then return later and sweep the Leagues.

Hence why he tries to start fresh each region: He's hitting reset on his journey because he KNOWS how to use his old Pokemon, he knows their strength's, their weaknesses, their quirks, everything. By catching new Pokemon and learning about them, he might learn new ways to use old things, in addition to strengthening his all around potential team.
#6hyperdimeduckPosted 9/26/2013 4:55:31 AM
JackSolomon posted...
I don't think we know exactly what a Pokemon Master IS. We know Ash wants to be one, and that's about it.

I kind of think it's a person who has become Champion of all the League's in the world, hence why Ash isn't so worried about his losses at the various Leagues: He's disappointed, yeah, but then he moves onto the next region, so he can learn more, become stronger, wiser, learn new tricks, etc, then return later and sweep the Leagues.

Hence why he tries to start fresh each region: He's hitting reset on his journey because he KNOWS how to use his old Pokemon, he knows their strength's, their weaknesses, their quirks, everything. By catching new Pokemon and learning about them, he might learn new ways to use old things, in addition to strengthening his all around potential team.

Then why does he keep losing?
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
#7SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 9/26/2013 4:55:42 AM
Yeah, because he's bad.

Evolutions are rare for him.
Gives away decent mons.
Whines and acts childish.
Stays 10 for 14 years.
Struggles to beat most gym leaders.
Couldn't control Charizard for ages, to the point of him losing the league as a result.
Rarely catches mons, despite seeing nearly every one.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr - http://www.youtube.com/user/SuprSaiyanRockr
*internet station in progress*
#8AnclationPosted 9/26/2013 4:57:41 AM
He's an idiot.
---
We Endorse The Creation of Majora's Mask 3D:
http://www.facebook.com/OperationMoonfall
#9DrDon_ChiPosted 9/26/2013 4:58:04 AM
ASH: Woah a wild Metagross.
*Ash walks away*
---
I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death.
Archer - Unlimited Blade Works
#10GensokyoPosted 9/26/2013 4:58:40 AM
Because a Pokémon master would not send out a ****ing Gible against a Darkrai.