This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone get sick of hatred and "worst this ever, worst that ever"?

#1IngSlayerPosted 9/26/2013 5:09:27 AM
How about some damn positively for once in your lives?

Here's an example:

Genesect and Arceus are some of the best Pokemon ever made.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#2NeosadusPosted 9/26/2013 5:12:03 AM
US gamers IRL are a lot more human than the very same ones on these forums.

Internet just equals zero accountability which equals negativity as a more likely case.

I'm talking to the extremes btw...
---
------
---------
#3xxgamer91xxPosted 9/26/2013 5:14:20 AM
More people are negative when on the internet then compared to real life. Every Pokemon fan I met in real life were positive about the new ideas and excited to see new changes.
#4MidnightCrewPosted 9/26/2013 5:15:42 AM
xxgamer91xx posted...
More people are negative when on the internet then compared to real life. Every Pokemon fan I met in real life were positive about the new ideas and excited to see new changes.

I wish I met people like that. :c

All the pokemon fans I meet are raving genwunners Dx
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards. Official Beheeyem of the X/Y Boards.
#5MogKnightAzurePosted 9/26/2013 5:17:16 AM
While I certainly don't agree that the game is perfect or beyond criticism. I will agree that some people are just a bit too strong in their dislike.

In particular, what bugs me are the people who are so openly opposed to a small handful of pokemon either based on design or gen bias. Well we are going to be probably pushing 750-800 pokemon now and I just feel like these people don't understand its a statistic improbability to genuinely like ALL of them. Thats the point. You're supposed to have favourites and least favourites.

Like Spinda is total crap in almost every aspect.. I don't HATE the thing. I don't blast GameFreak for 'being worthless' or 'wasting up precious space in the dex' (btw thats a load of garbodor too). It just seems pretty ridiculous to me.
#6TherianReturnsPosted 9/26/2013 5:18:34 AM
MidnightCrew posted...
xxgamer91xx posted...

All the pokemon fans I meet are people who only know generation one Pokemon

Fixed because I hate that 'word'. But essentially this.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
3DS FC: 1891 1428 1023 - add for Pokemon X/Y
#7JackSolomonPosted 9/26/2013 5:18:52 AM
Y'know, it suddenly occurs to me that by all rights, POSITIVITY should be more abundant on the internet: In real life, revealing you like something to someone who doesn't share your interests is asking them to tear it apart just to watch you squirm (i.e., "You like POKEMON?! NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!"), and you reap the consequences of that.

On the internet, zero accountability, and few people can effect any real change in your life. So one should be able to say, "I like ______." without worrying about the consequences, if someone tears it apart, so what? What're they going to do? They can't mess with your life, and they have nothing to gain by tearing it apart. So it might allow you to meet people with similar interests, without the usual risks of, "If I'm wrong about this person liking this, I will be a laughingstock."

Yet, negativity is in abundance instead.
#8FullAutoCVTPosted 9/26/2013 5:21:00 AM
The funny thing is that many "fans" of Gen 1 are people that haven't even given pokemon a second thought for the last decade.
#9Great_ReapettePosted 9/26/2013 5:21:05 AM
TherianReturns posted...
MidnightCrew posted...
xxgamer91xx posted...

All the pokemon fans I meet are people who only know generation one Pokemon

Fixed because I hate that 'word'. But essentially this.

What, you hate the word "genwunner"?

Anyway, I know a few positive people. And then there's that one guy who's like "OH EM VEE GEE! FAYRAI TAPE IZ ROOHINININING POGEYMAHNZ! NIANTEDNO WAT HAEV U DUN"
Oh, right. There's also the guy who says "SCREWNOVA SCREWNOVA SCREWNOVA SCREWNOVA"
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#10CA0001Posted 9/26/2013 5:28:45 AM
Humans like all animals are cautious and are more actively looking out for negative things that can happen than positive.

Its like news and newspapers always seem to talk about crimes, failures, celebrity mishaps and other negative things more than positive things.

You start asking why do they keep reporting deaths and injuries and not reporting births, people being safe etc. You will realise that it is impractical to always report children reaching school safely, people not getting injured or dying, because there are way more happy and positive things that happen around us than negative.

Being naturally cautious we don't keep an eye out for the positive things, we look out for those few negative things that happen. Its the same thing for story telling, "Jimmy went to school this morning safely." doesn't sound like a good story, but "Jimmy got into a car crash this morning when he was going to school." Now that sounds more like a story and people want to know why.

Because of the anonymity of the internet, people can act more like themselves, revealing their more cautious, negative natures and start spouting negative things while ignoring the positives that are all around.

And people who don't post negative things are still cautious and find themselves draw to the negative things on the internet.

It is animal nature for us to find more negatives, ignore them and look around to see the positives for yourself.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)