This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is anyone getting this game on the eShop?

#61MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 5:27:53 AM
Hierarchy225 posted...
No. I want the game physically in my hand.

I don't care if I don't get it day 1.

Yeah, this will be my first time not having a physical copy of a main Pokemon game. I'm nervous, but I have no other options at the moment!
---
Love me long time.
#62Missingno_MastrPosted 9/27/2013 5:30:00 AM
MissCarriage posted...
@MM Yes! I'll be avoiding the internet besides my email for like a week until I beat the E4, so I'll see you when my team is set up! Hopefully there will be another Poison type revealed before the 3rd of next month!

Well, if there's any truth to the newest Pokebeach leaks (different source from the one that keeps getting proven right, by the way), we'll be getting a Normal/Poison porcupine rather early in the game. Sounds pretty cool to me, personally.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/
#63superdiddy34Posted 9/27/2013 5:37:57 AM
MM125 posted...
It's possible. But it's far from recommended, Nintendo's lack of an account system is as bulls*** as it's always been, and I'd only recommend it as a last resort.

this unless nintendo gets account system like the 360 all i'm getting is physically
---
Gamertag: Urbandemon34/TheRedTaco
#64SammuthegreatPosted 9/27/2013 6:08:01 AM
MissCarriage posted...
raikou68 posted...
MissCarriage posted...
paipr posted...
Im still trying to decide. I kinda want to. But I'm worried if I do that it wont show up on the eshop several hours after midnight.

Now that said, I will be keeping an eye on these boards and if eshop has it a few hours early that will make my choice very easy.

I would do the same, but I'm trying not to spoil myself any further.

Is it possible to preorder a digital copy?

No

Alright. Well I'll just have to wait then! EST in London is about... 5 hours before midnight of the 12th? =D

Midnight EST will be 4am London time. London is 4 hours ahead, not behind. London will get the game 4 hours after the US, not before. Which means that the Japanese will actually get the game near enough last, whereas the west coast of USA will get it first. Assuming it goes up on the eShop at the same time regardless of location.
#65MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 10:39:27 AM
@The Porcupine thing: Awesome! Potential to be my second favorite Gen 6 Poke!

Sammuthegreat posted...
MissCarriage posted...
raikou68 posted...
MissCarriage posted...
paipr posted...
Im still trying to decide. I kinda want to. But I'm worried if I do that it wont show up on the eshop several hours after midnight.

Now that said, I will be keeping an eye on these boards and if eshop has it a few hours early that will make my choice very easy.

I would do the same, but I'm trying not to spoil myself any further.

Is it possible to preorder a digital copy?

No

Alright. Well I'll just have to wait then! EST in London is about... 5 hours before midnight of the 12th? =D

Midnight EST will be 4am London time. London is 4 hours ahead, not behind. London will get the game 4 hours after the US, not before. Which means that the Japanese will actually get the game near enough last, whereas the west coast of USA will get it first. Assuming it goes up on the eShop at the same time regardless of location.

Yeah I realized I made a mistake. D: But isn't it 5 hours ahead? I need to camp out at a Starbucks...
---
Love me long time.
#66choicespecPosted 9/27/2013 10:40:03 AM
No

I prefer physical.
#67NeonDragon9000Posted 9/27/2013 11:44:25 AM
MissCarriage posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...
Sammuthegreat posted...
scitch1 posted...

there is no account or anything i mean you basically are running the risk of being ripped off big time

So if the game breaks, can you not re-download it for free?

If your 3ds breaks then no..not really. You have to rebut all the digital games because is linked to specific 3ds and not you.

On same 3ds you can re download. Its just the fear of that 3ds becoming unusable makes all digital downloads go poof

But the same could be said about your cartridges. If you lose those you have no way of getting them back either. And for most people they play their 3DSes strictly at home, so they have a low chance of losing them.

I've lost more cartridges than game consoles that's for sure.

Exactly. My saves on all the Gen. II carts, as well as Emerald, are gone because the internal battery has run dry. Had they been digital, I'd still have them right now.

There is no question Nintendo's online approach is awful, but there also is a lot of misplaced fear in buying from the eShop. I'm getting X on the eShop and a physical copy of Y, but that's just because I want one of each.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#68NeonDragon9000Posted 9/27/2013 11:46:14 AM
12 AM EST = 11 PM CST = 10 PM MST = 9 PM PST = 8 PM Alaska Time = 7 PM Hawaii Time

Hawaiians will technically get access to the game first, although it practice, everyone gets access at the same time. (The only advantage to being farther west is you might still be awake or w/e).
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#69pyrotempestwingPosted 9/27/2013 11:51:33 AM(edited)
I had Pokémon X (Digital) preordered at GameStop, but I switched it to Physical a while back. Didn't wanna bother downloading 1.7 GB of data.
Side Note: Had Y (Physical) preordered way before I even started with X.
---
FC's: B1: Lexi 2365-9525-1918; B2: Misaki 4213-1809-7119 3DS FC: Thomas 5069-4431-9392
Yeah, I'm a crossplayer. Deal with it.
#70NextgrandcrossPosted 9/27/2013 11:49:56 AM
From what I heard, it's a big file game, so nah. I don't want to delete the games I already have just for a game I can get a physical copy of.