This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else think nintendo is starting to cater to the older/original fans

#1cosmicstarfish1Posted 9/26/2013 9:04:46 AM
Is Gamefreak finally getting the idea that the bulk of their fans are 16 and up. With origins and the new commerical for x and y it just seems that gamefreak finally is.
---
GT: xDeadheadx420
Black 2 FC: 2194 6824 5699
#2HeliotropePosted 9/26/2013 9:10:20 AM
cosmicstarfish1 posted...
Is Gamefreak finally getting the idea that the bulk of their fans are 16 and up. With origins and the new commerical for x and y it just seems that gamefreak finally is.

I'm not so sure of that...

So, in answer to your question: no.
---
Currently taking a break from AC:NL. Will start a new town on new year's day. n_n
3DS FC: 2208-4574-2359
#3MidnightCrewPosted 9/26/2013 9:11:08 AM
The bulk of their fans are not 16 and up.
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards. Official Beheeyem of the X/Y Boards.
#4scitch1Posted 9/26/2013 9:13:41 AM
the bulk of the fans ARE 16 and up lol , im 25 and most pokemon fans come from my generation
---
Signature
#5SirPiercePosted 9/26/2013 9:15:14 AM
TC is correct. Countless polls on various sites have shown the average Pokemon player to be in their 20s.

Teens and adults in the XY commercials.
Pokemon Origins.
Seemingly older protagonists in the last couple games.
Possibly older Ash.

I agree, TC.
---
Xerneas, The DNAntler Pokemon
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#6SirPiercePosted 9/26/2013 9:16:50 AM
scitch1 posted...
the bulk of the fans ARE 16 and up lol , im 25 and most pokemon fans come from my generation

Exactly. I am 25 as well. I don't know anyone under 13 that likes Pokemon. I know many people over 20 that do.
---
Xerneas, The DNAntler Pokemon
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#7Rogue MuttPosted 9/26/2013 9:17:57 AM
I think they are beginning to understand that the fanbase, while still comprised of children for the most part, is starting to age. Better explanations in-game of battle mechanics is one of the things that seems to indicate that, to me at least.

Having said that, I highly doubt that Nintendo is actively seeking to please their original fanbase, some of whom, like myself, are nearing 30. If we still play, that's great and I'm sure Nintendo will be happy to have our money, but the focus will always be on a younger audience.
---
Alakazam Arcanine Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#8ej92Posted 9/26/2013 9:18:05 AM
You know, I actually think they are.
---
Everything you believe in is a lie. I think. Maybe. Who knows.
Official Reuniclus of the BW2 boards.
#9XWolfOPosted 9/26/2013 9:20:34 AM
Yeah, they are kind of starting to notice us older fans. Slowly, but hey, at least it's a good start.
---
Woof...
#10Sloth9230Posted 9/26/2013 10:44:08 AM
SirPierce posted...
TC is correct. Countless polls on various sites have shown the average Pokemon player to be in their 20s.

Teens and adults in the XY commercials.
Pokemon Origins.
Seemingly older protagonists in the last couple games.
Possibly older Ash.

I agree, TC.

I already explained to you that the commercials are just a marketing ploy. And as for those countless polls... what makes you think children join any of the sites that had them?