This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ghosts' Immunity to Trapping

#1KillerMechanoidPosted 9/26/2013 9:29:38 AM
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_Dream_interview_reveals_new_mechanic_changes

Ok, so I'm confused now... The official website says that Ghosts are immune to trapping moves, while this official interview says they're immune to Shadow Tag. So does this mean only Shadow Tag, or both trap moves and Shadow Tag?
#2Twilight_SonataPosted 9/26/2013 9:34:43 AM(edited)
The original information said only trapping moves and did not say one way or the other regarding trapping abilities. Now we have confirmation that at least one trapping ability is also ignored, but nothing way said one way or the other about other trapping abilities. So, right now, we know that Ghosts are immune to all trapping moves and also Shadow Tag specifically, but we don't know one way or the other about other trapping abilities like Arena Trap or Magnet Pull. I'm personally hoping that they are also immune to all trapping abilities (Doublade laughs at Magnezone).
#3JustwanttolookPosted 9/26/2013 9:34:21 AM
Pretty sure that this applies to all kinds trapping.
Steel and Poison Pokemon are immune to all kinds poison unless you change their type.
Electric Types will be immune to ALL kinds of paralysis unless you change their type
Fire Types are completely immune to burn unless you change their type.
I don't see why this "immune to all kinds" would not apply to ghosts as well.
---
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
#4KillerMechanoid(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 9:40:03 AM
Justwanttolook posted...
Pretty sure that this applies to all kinds trapping.
Steel and Poison Pokemon are immune to all kinds poison unless you change their type.
Electric Types will be immune to ALL kinds of paralysis unless you change their type
Fire Types are completely immune to burn unless you change their type.
I don't see why this "immune to all kinds" would not apply to ghosts as well.

Then again, only Flying types and Levitaters are immune to Arena Trap.
#5JustwanttolookPosted 9/26/2013 9:44:37 AM
Yeah but neither of those is said to be immune to trapping.
---
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.