This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Decided to buy this but have some questions

#1Cinn_kentsu89Posted 9/26/2013 9:31:09 AM
This will be my first pokemon game since silver. I'm buying a 3ds just to play this.

Will this be like the old days version wise where the only difference between x or y is you can catch the pokemon on the cover but not the other covers pokemon?

Are all the pokemon included in the game? I only really like the original 150 then stopped following when every pokemon seemed to be created from a circle or baby safe toy design.

I heard there is character customization now, what does that entail or is it just a very bare bones?

Is this the first 3D pokemon game for handhelds or were black and white 3D aswell?
---
"cos the capcom damage control team kept saying "dont like it dont buy it" and it worked" - tehdud
#2kingtracePosted 9/26/2013 9:34:00 AM
Cinn_kentsu89 posted...
This will be my first pokemon game since silver. I'm buying a 3ds just to play this.

Will this be like the old days version wise where the only difference between x or y is you can catch the pokemon on the cover but not the other covers pokemon?

Are all the pokemon included in the game? I only really like the original 150 then stopped following when every pokemon seemed to be created from a circle or baby safe toy design.

I heard there is character customization now, what does that entail or is it just a very bare bones?

Is this the first 3D pokemon game for handhelds or were black and white 3D aswell?

There are different exclusive pokemon that the other game can't get without trading. The cover legendaries are one example.

We have no idea how many of the Pokemon will be catchable in game, but all will be useable by trading and transferring.

We don't know about that, but you can change clothes and the colors of clothes, it seems. Looks pretty neat.

Yes, this is the first 3D for handhelds.
---
I'm an Atheist, and I'm damn proud of it.
If that offends you for whatever reason, shoot me a PM and I'll correct your misconception.
#3scudzillaPosted 9/26/2013 9:34:54 AM
Can't you catch both Ho-oh and Lugia in either version?
#4Megumi samaPosted 9/26/2013 9:44:36 AM
Cinn_kentsu89 posted...

1) Everything we've seen so far has suggested that both games are very similar other than catch selection. There might be some differences thematically (Black and White had technology and nature differences between the designs of a couple locations), but nothing like Ruby and Sapphire where each game had a different villain.

2) Most games will allow you to catch 80%+ of all pokemon based on previous generations: they aren't going to expect you to be importing a majority of stuff, but at the same time might make a handful of pokemon and most legendaries impossible to find in-game.

3) We don't know how much customization there is, but we do know skin, hair, and outfits can be changed so we likely can do quite a bit.

4) The DS games actually had a 3D overworld (if you hacked the game you could change camera angles), but battle was strictly sprite-based. This is the first time we have 3D models in battle on the handheld title.
---
We're the only Marvel title that features squirrels. And do you really want a squirrel-free comic? I don't think so. - Dan Slott, on GLA
#5Twilight_SonataPosted 9/26/2013 10:15:50 AM
Cinn_kentsu89 posted...
I only really like the original 150 then stopped following when every pokemon seemed to be created from a circle or baby safe toy design.

You're gonna wanna take care with that mindlessly nostalgic genwunner attitude around here. Just a tip.
#6Cinn_kentsu89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 3:56:19 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Cinn_kentsu89 posted...
I only really like the original 150 then stopped following when every pokemon seemed to be created from a circle or baby safe toy design.

You're gonna wanna take care with that mindlessly nostalgic genwunner attitude around here. Just a tip.

What do ya mean? Wasn't meaning anything bad by it.

Can you play a 3ds game on a dsi by any chance?
---
"cos the capcom damage control team kept saying "dont like it dont buy it" and it worked" - tehdud
#7GATTJTPosted 9/26/2013 4:00:49 PM
Cinn_kentsu89 posted...
Can you play a 3ds game on a dsi by any chance?

No. Those little tabs on 3DS cartridges are there to prevent people from jamming it into a DSi or DS Lite. Even if it did fit, they wouldn't be able to be played.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#8Arne83Posted 9/26/2013 4:15:52 PM
Cinn_kentsu89 posted...
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Cinn_kentsu89 posted...

What do ya mean? Wasn't meaning anything bad by it.

It's just that around here, we don't take too kindly to the people that make statements along the lines of how new pokemon are uncreative... while the old ones are apparently flawless gems of design.

Of course... I'm not trying to imply we think the opposite is true. The general consensus is that every generation has their ups and downs when it comes to Pokemon design.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.
#9jayman7Posted 9/26/2013 4:24:52 PM(edited)
Cinn_kentsu89 posted...

The really special thing about this is that the only Pokémon whose designs are literally circles are from the first generation.

Well, okay, I suppose Unown-O is circular, but that's really it.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10Cinn_kentsu89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 4:49:11 PM
I can see that. I stopped the generation after the 150. After the 250 I am not sure any of the designs. It seemed that they all got cutsy or pokemon of the future style. No more hard lines, blades, or masculinity to any of the second generation. Saw some of the newer designs and it seems they combined the natural animal style with the futurish version.
---