This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To those who like the current IV system, what is your reasoning?

#1ClassyOldHatPosted 9/26/2013 9:59:44 AM
I'm speaking to those that, specifically, feel strongly that the IV system should not be removed or changed in a way that makes it less dependent on random chance. Those who are mostly indifferent to it, or those who would like to keep the IV system, but in a different, less random form can add their thoughts, but I'm mainly curious about those who support a randomized IV system.
#2Kinneth123Posted 9/26/2013 10:02:24 AM
It's what I'm used to, and while it's a bit tedious it works.

Not to mention IVs being gone would mean there'd be little difference between wild Pokemon of the same species, losing IVs would be losing stat uniqueness.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#3Great_ReapettePosted 9/26/2013 10:12:46 AM
Eh, I like them, but I wouldn't care if they weren't AS random.

I would, care, however, if they were removed altogether, because then we'd have nothing to complain about/laugh at those complaining about it.

Maybe make it so there's a bell curve. Or halve the chance every time, with 0 having a 50% chance, 1 having a 25% chance, and so on, with 30 and 31 having the same chance.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#4Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 9/26/2013 10:13:49 AM
theres nothing wrong with it
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#5DrOchasioPosted 9/26/2013 10:18:32 AM
even though it's based entirely on luck I'm still fine with it
it makes sense for each member of a species to be better or worse than another member
---
woah woah
#6ShadowMario3Posted 9/26/2013 10:20:50 AM
There's nothing wrong with it. Also, if they change the IV system, they will likely have to cut off the previous generation (like they did between Gen II and III), unless they manage to convert the Pokemon from previous gens to it.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowMario3
#7WobbuffetGodPosted 9/26/2013 10:21:50 AM
Because it makes sense from a gameplay standpoint. It makes the world more realistic.

Also because I love watching people be pissed off at it.
#8hellslingerPosted 9/26/2013 10:23:19 AM
Does anyone like it or are they just used it to they don't realize it can be better.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg
#9AlphaDiamondPosted 9/26/2013 10:32:57 AM
i don't have any feelings about it. i don't like it but i don't hate it, as i understand why they introduce and keep it. Masuda said that in an interview with Nintento World Report: IVs are meant to be like this because it makes each pokemon different and not exact copies of each other, so it will influence in the battle as one of the numerous elements found in a battle
#10ClassyOldHat(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 10:35:59 AM
AlphaDiamond posted...
i don't have any feelings about it. i don't like it but i don't hate it, as i understand why they introduce and keep it. Masuda said that in an interview with Nintento World Report: IVs are meant to be like this because it makes each pokemon different and not exact copies of each other, so it will influence in the battle as one of the numerous elements found in a battle

Interesting. Do you have a link to this interview?