This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't people recognize pokemon Colosseum and XD?

#1DarkOceanNightsPosted 9/26/2013 11:20:28 AM
I see a lot of people say that they've been waiting for a 3D pokemon game for years. These games have been out for awhile!
---
GT: Doctorbean PSN: TidalWaves 3DS: 1461- 6394-5664
#2ShadowMario3Posted 9/26/2013 11:21:44 AM
Because those aren't main series games.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowMario3
#3Kinneth123Posted 9/26/2013 11:21:48 AM
They mean main games and you know it.

Those two were spin-offs.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#4SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 9/26/2013 11:21:51 AM
They've wanted a full, main series style game. Colosseum and XD are nice, but ultimately not the same.
#5themagicpainmanPosted 9/26/2013 11:28:46 AM
Hey You Pikachu, Stadium, and Snap

what r u, casul
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#6NessEggmanPosted 9/26/2013 11:28:46 AM
I consider Pokemon XD and Colosseum part of the main series, though usually I see them more as companion games than full main-series games. They're lacking in features compared to the "normal" main series games, especially when it comes to the freedom of catching wild Pokemon and stuff.

People want a game that's not only 3D, but also allows you to do everything you can normally do (and in the same way) as the "main" handheld games.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#7mehmetskiPosted 9/26/2013 11:30:25 AM
NessEggman posted...
I consider Pokemon XD and Colosseum part of the main series, though usually I see them more as companion games than full main-series games. They're lacking in features compared to the "normal" main series games, especially when it comes to the freedom of catching wild Pokemon and stuff.

People want a game that's not only 3D, but also allows you to do everything you can normally do (and in the same way) as the "main" handheld games.

also, its important to put "handheld" here because its another completely different thing if i can play this on my wii or on my 3DS
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#8Chronoman17Posted 9/26/2013 11:37:30 AM
I enjoyed Colosseum and XD a good deal, but there's something about a lack of gyms, lack of (many) wild pokemon, and a lack of in-between routes that didn't make the game feel like a complete pokemon game. That said, I hope they make more Pokemon games with Double/Triple battles being the norm, or perhaps allowing you to choose which rules you play by. The problem with the introduction of Doubles/Triples, IMO, is that they didn't appear often enough.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored with it. Started 7/31/2010
#9MaetchPosted 9/26/2013 2:28:54 PM
Because GameFreak ignores any Pokemon game that they didn't make themselves.

A shame, though, because while the gameplay lacks compared to the handheld games, I appreciated Colosseum and XD for showing better effort at telling a story within the RPG format (plus having villains that are actually competent).
#10SuperSonicDBZPosted 9/26/2013 2:38:32 PM
They mean main series games. The stories behind Colosseum and XD are also very short and didn't do the Gym Badges, Elite Four gig.

I was disappointed when I heard they went with the X/Y graphics over the Stadium/Revolution graphics, but at least we got a reason why from the developers.

I still want a full length (main series style) game Colosseum like game. Fuse X & Y with Colosseum and XD's realistic graphics and put it on the Wii U in HD... I bet you it will sell well.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A