This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't people recognize pokemon Colosseum and XD?

#11DrakoVongola1Posted 9/26/2013 2:39:50 PM
They just mean main series games.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#12agentkb2001Posted 9/26/2013 2:41:05 PM
because it is not a main pokemon game you don't get badges,.. you don't catch wild pokemon.. if you are gonna use this theory then hell shouldn't snap or stadium be the first 3D pokemon game?
---
R.I.P. Richard Pryor,The greatest.
President of the Red Ghost Motorcycle Club (GTA)
#13el_tercer_poderPosted 9/26/2013 2:44:53 PM
agentkb2001 posted...
because it is not a main pokemon game you don't get badges,.. you don't catch wild pokemon.. if you are gonna use this theory then hell shouldn't snap or stadium be the first 3D pokemon game?

In Colosseum you could catch other Trainer's Pokémon.
XD was the same thing, but you could also capture wild ones (granted, only at Poké Spots after setting up a bait, but you get the idea).
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#14MaetchPosted 9/26/2013 2:47:41 PM(edited)
el_tercer_poder posted...
agentkb2001 posted...

XD was the same thing, but you could also capture wild ones (granted, only at Poké Spots after setting up a bait, but you get the idea).

You don't get to pick whatever you want, because you're only allowed to steal Shadow Pokemon.
#15DrakoVongola1Posted 9/26/2013 2:48:32 PM
Maetch posted...
agentkb2001 posted...

You don't get to pick whatever you want, because you're only allowed to steal Shadow Pokemon.

And even then IIRC there's only a little over 80, at least in XD, not sure about Colosseum. There were some wild ones in XD, but not very many.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#16SpoonMan54321Posted 9/26/2013 2:48:39 PM
probably because colosseum was terrible.

I didn't play XD, but I really wanted that ho-oh from colosseum so i went through the whole purifying all pokemon and going through the battle tower garbage. that game is crap the whole way through.
---
...and bababooey to y'all
#17el_tercer_poderPosted 9/26/2013 2:48:57 PM
Maetch posted...
agentkb2001 posted...

But you don't get to steal ANY Pokemon, only those that are Shadow Pokemon. In this way, you're essentially stuck with a set roster of Pokemon.

Sad, but true.
But still, that somewhat counts in the sense that you get to catch Pokémon, regardless of whether they're from a limited set or not.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#18ShadowMario3Posted 9/26/2013 3:29:59 PM
Maetch posted...
Because GameFreak ignores any Pokemon game that they didn't make themselves.

A shame, though, because while the gameplay lacks compared to the handheld games, I appreciated Colosseum and XD for showing better effort at telling a story within the RPG format (plus having villains that are actually competent).

Game Freak had to have put some effort into Stadium, Stadium 2, Colosseum, XD, and Battle Revolution. How else would there be gift Pokémon, registered Pokémon from handhelds, etc.?
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowMario3
#19NewbieN00bPosted 9/26/2013 3:36:56 PM
I like colo and xd, and I'd like more pokemon games like that, but they're not main series.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
#20MaetchPosted 9/26/2013 3:37:43 PM
ShadowMario3 posted...
Maetch posted...
Because GameFreak ignores any Pokemon game that they didn't make themselves.

A shame, though, because while the gameplay lacks compared to the handheld games, I appreciated Colosseum and XD for showing better effort at telling a story within the RPG format (plus having villains that are actually competent).

Game Freak had to have put some effort into Stadium, Stadium 2, Colosseum, XD, and Battle Revolution. How else would there be gift Pokémon, registered Pokémon from handhelds, etc.?

GameFreak likely provides the coding needed to make usable Pokemon. Outside of that, they do not get involved in any spin-off games whatsoever.