This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking at this image, Ash has come a long way.

#111Sloth9230Posted 9/26/2013 5:53:26 PM
And Ash + 50 mons is a big step up from Ash and just Pikachu, so yes, he has come a long way. That he sucked during B/W is irrelevant to that point.
#112Flame552Posted 9/26/2013 5:54:06 PM
YamiJustin posted...
Bulbasaur is such a p***y. Not evolving and remaining weak

Bulbasaur would have evolved all the way back in Kanto, but he decided that he didn't need no stinking evolution to take down Scythers, Beedrills, Magnetons, Meganiums, Hitmontops, and at the Battle Frontier, a Dusclops that took down Charizard and a Solrock that took down Squirtle.
#113DrOchasioPosted 9/26/2013 5:55:57 PM
if I was a pokemon trainer I feel like this is around the amount of pokemon I would have caught throughout my whole life, I can only carry around 6 so what's the point of catching 700+ pokemon I'm just going to leave with someone else
---
woah woah
#114Sloth9230Posted 9/26/2013 5:57:26 PM
DrOchasio posted...
if I was a pokemon trainer I feel like this is around the amount of pokemon I would have caught throughout my whole life, I can only carry around 6 so what's the point of catching 700+ pokemon I'm just going to leave with someone else

Hey look, someone who's realistic :D
#115Phoenix6000Posted 9/26/2013 6:10:53 PM(edited)
Axccel posted...

And I don't care much for that pic, I have no nostalgia for them. Show me a photo shot of just Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Pikachu, Butterfree, and Pidgeot. Those are what I consider his main team.

10 years ago that may have meant something. Now it just makes you look clueless.

Flame552 posted...
YamiJustin posted...
Bulbasaur is such a p***y. Not evolving and remaining weak

Bulbasaur would have evolved all the way back in Kanto, but he decided that he didn't need no stinking evolution to take down Scythers, Beedrills, Magnetons, Meganiums, Hitmontops, and at the Battle Frontier, a Dusclops that took down Charizard and a Solrock that took down Squirtle.

Bulbasaur dropped fools left and right. That would actually explain why he's the peacekeeper at Oak's ranch.
---
Black 2 FC: 3182-3983-9645
#116PkmTrainerAbramPosted 9/26/2013 6:18:49 PM
DrOchasio posted...

Thank you. Common sense isn't all but lost here. Who the hell can affprd to take care of and feed hundreds of animals? Seriously?

Honestly, the Japanese version NEVER had a "gotta catch em all" catchphrase, in fact, the Japanese catchphrase used to be "Pokemon, GOT ONE!". Just get over it.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2 Perfect Run(JPN) 649/649 owned, 3 Star Card, Rayman Orgins(Wii)
#117PhantasmShotPosted 9/27/2013 12:34:13 PM
That makes sense.
---
[Your rights have been deleted by a GameFAQs Moderator]
FC: 2452-2497-4616 - White 2 ; 3DS FC: 3136-6746-8956
#118Meltemi_RafalaPosted 9/27/2013 1:11:17 PM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
DrOchasio posted...

Thank you. Common sense isn't all but lost here. Who the hell can affprd to take care of and feed hundreds of animals? Seriously?

Honestly, the Japanese version NEVER had a "gotta catch em all" catchphrase, in fact, the Japanese catchphrase used to be "Pokemon, GOT ONE!". Just get over it.

Professor Oak, apparently. That's why Ash switched Snorlax to reserve, after all; several plots in the Orange Islands basically revolved around the glutton and food.

Though, I'd translate the Japanese motto as "Pokemon, GET!" The ending copula is slang, not a number.
---
All above is completely true and accurate, unless it isn't.
#119Thanos510Posted 9/27/2013 2:17:21 PM
Ash only needs Heracross and Gliscor to conquer Kalos. Do it Ash!!!
---
Guardians of the Galaxy >>>> Avengers 2 >>>> X-Men: Days of Future Past
White 2 FC: 0691 6725 2809
#120FireSeerPosted 9/27/2013 2:28:14 PM
Love all the tauros in the picture. You guys remember when they first showed the episode at Oak's ranch, where all of the tauros were roaming around? At the time I never understood wtf was going on there, because I was so sure I had seen every episode and then suddenly these 30 tauros show up everywhere. Ahhh good, innocent times.
---
Here comes Frogadier
And you are not swayed either way--more of a neutral presence.