This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: Think of ways StreetPass can be used for X/Y

#21Kinneth123Posted 9/26/2013 3:14:45 PM
MM125 posted...
ExcaliburOwner posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
ExcaliburOwner posted...
I hope X/Y doesn't use StreetPass. Hate that feature.

What's so bad about it?

There's nothing wrong with the actual feature, but here where I live, almost noone has a 3DS and Pokemon with themselves on the street. So it's kinda impossible to take advantage of it. Not only that, there are no conventions or meetings here either.

And I don't like when I can't enjoy a game's feature (the same happens when they do an event distribution via GameStop).

So "I don't get any tags, so f*** you, people who do"?

Pretty much.

Why spend time on a feature only a small portion of the customer base will get to use?

Even the relay system doesn't help much, America just sucks for StreetPass if you don't live in a more populated area.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#22jneal57Posted 9/26/2013 3:15:44 PM
spoilers. end game you can join team rocket and there is a 15% chance that at a street pass you can steal a pokemon
---
Go show your support for Keiji Inafune's (this is the guy behind megaman) new project Mighty No. 9 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9
#23NessEggmanPosted 9/26/2013 3:19:14 PM
Kinneth123 posted...
MM125 posted...
ExcaliburOwner posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
ExcaliburOwner posted...

What's so bad about it?

There's nothing wrong with the actual feature, but here where I live, almost noone has a 3DS and Pokemon with themselves on the street. So it's kinda impossible to take advantage of it. Not only that, there are no conventions or meetings here either.

And I don't like when I can't enjoy a game's feature (the same happens when they do an event distribution via GameStop).

Pretty much.

Why spend time on a feature only a small portion of the customer base will get to use?

Even the relay system doesn't help much, America just sucks for StreetPass if you don't live in a more populated area.

Streetpass features are usually tagged on to games... they don't really spend THAT much time and effort developing them. Besides, not everyone can use WiFi to play online, so should they just cut WiFi from the game? I'd argue that probably more people are capable of StreetPass than they are home WiFi.

I would say more people use streetpass than those who don't. Even if it's just streetpassing your sister or yourself or something dumb like that.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#24MoonLightCloudPosted 9/26/2013 3:23:40 PM
Kinneth123 posted...
MM125 posted...
ExcaliburOwner posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
ExcaliburOwner posted...

What's so bad about it?

Pretty much.

Why would you say "small portion"?

I have plenty of friends in the States who get streetpasses all the time just by going to GameStop or even Wal-Mart. But even then, you're pretending that people around the world don't exist. Japan and Korea (and other countries as well) both have very populated cities where people get street passes all the time. It's not a "small portion of the customer base", it's a ton of people.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#25mehmetskiPosted 9/26/2013 3:35:42 PM
i want trades and battles to be possible without visiting the pokemon center and the option to choose from all the possessed pokemon
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#26DrakoVongola1Posted 9/26/2013 3:39:30 PM
Kinneth123 posted...
MM125 posted...
ExcaliburOwner posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
ExcaliburOwner posted...

What's so bad about it?

Pretty much.

Small portion? The hell are you talking about? A lot of people get use out of Streepass. Just because you don't doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.