This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what if, Clemont gym type....

#1paiprPosted 9/26/2013 3:00:01 PM
In one of the anime trailers we see ash battling Clemont, and Clemont is using Bunnelby which is a normal type. Also his mechanical arm is called the Aipom arm. Now sure he has a Dedenne, but we have seen many other Gym leaders with different types, not to mention the pikaclone always gets showcased in some way, so why not start with it.

thoughts?

also this is the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-DPulIQYTv4#t=0
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#2NextgrandcrossPosted 9/26/2013 3:04:20 PM
Well, it was never said officially what Type Clemont Specializes in, he could be Normal Type, or simply just uses a team of small cute rodents.

I mean I originally thought he was an Electric or Steel type being a science nerd and all, but it was never officially stated.
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 9/26/2013 3:06:30 PM
Definitely still saying Electric, and that's probably not changing.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#4niklnipPosted 9/26/2013 3:12:23 PM
I'm going with Electric. Just because he has a Bunnelby in the anime doesn't really mean much. Cilan is a Grass type leader and he had a Stunfisk, and Brock was a Rock type leader and had a Vulpix and a Crobat.
---
Black 2 Friend Code [Nikl]: 0433-7110-2756
Official Swoobat of the Pokemon X board
#5CharizardFirePosted 9/26/2013 3:23:28 PM
True, but that doesn't mean that Clemont will be a Normal-type Gym Leader.

Here's why:

1) Some Gym Leaders have used Pokémon that don't match their type specialties in the games. Off the top of my head, there's: Sabrina's Venomoth, Giovanni's Persian, Pryce's Seel, Clair's Gyarados, Clair's Aerodactyl, Clair's Charizard, Roxanne's Steelix, Winona's Dratini/Dragonair, Candice's Medicham, Volkner's Ambipom, Volkner's Octillery, Cilan's Lillipup, Chili's Lillipup, and Cress's Lillipup.
2) In the anime itself, even Gym Leaders that stick to their type specialties in the games might use Pokémon that don't match their type specialties. Off the top of my head, there's: Brock's Zubat/Golbat/Crobat, Brock's Vulpix, Brock's Pineco/Forretress, Brock's Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo, Brock's Mudkip/Marshtomp, Brock's Croagunk, Brock's Happiny/Chansey, Misty's Togepi/Togetic, Misty's Azurill, Blaine's Rhydon, Giovanni's Persian (mentioned above), Giovanni's Kingler, Giovanni's Machamp, Giovanni's Cloyster, Giovanni's Mewtwo (if you count it), Whitney's Nidorina, Clair's Gyarados (mentioned above), Candice's Medicham (mentioned above), Cilan's Dwebble/Crustle, and Cilan's Stunfisk.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#6el_tercer_poderPosted 9/26/2013 3:28:20 PM(edited)
It's most likely that he'll be an Electric-Type Gym Leader.
Think about it, his Gym is located right in the middle of Lumiose City (in the Eiffel-like tower), a city based off Paris, which is also known as the "city of light".
It doesn't get any more blatant than that.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#7hypnoc_slayer_Posted 9/26/2013 3:30:03 PM
el_tercer_poder posted...
Think about it, his Gym is located right in the middle of Lumiose City (in the Eiffel-like tower), a city based off Paris, which is also known as the "city of light".

By that logic, he could also be Fairy-type gym leader.
#8el_tercer_poderPosted 9/26/2013 3:31:45 PM
hypnoc_slayer_ posted...
el_tercer_poder posted...

By that logic, he could also be Fairy-type gym leader.

Could be as well (given we've seen his sister having a Dedenne around in the anime).
Still, I'm gonna go with my gut and say Clemont's an Electric-Type Gym Leader.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#9paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 4:42:34 PM
i agree, and im not saying that doesnt make sense. Just thought it be interesting to point out these two things. as of now though i could see it going either way.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071