This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RNG Abuse and Hacking in X/Y

#11ProdozulPosted 9/26/2013 3:40:43 PM
What's RNG?
#12WobbuffetGodPosted 9/26/2013 3:41:58 PM
I think people overestimate the skills of hackers. Yes they are good. But they haven't gotten what is needed with the 3DS yet. Pokemon will increase the demand, but people can't just make things happen because they want to. I think it will happen eventually, but not any time soon. I give it a year.
#13MoonLightCloudPosted 9/26/2013 3:42:55 PM
Prodozul posted...
What's RNG?

Really Nice Guys.
RNG Abuse is when you take advantage of the kindness of strangers online and use them to get really good Pokemon.

Dumb jokes aside, RNG = Random Number Generator.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#14ExcaliburOwnerPosted 9/26/2013 3:45:38 PM
Well, now that the Pokemon Bank has a "hack check", I don't think it will be very easy like it was with past games.

And even if I used AR before, I'm still hoping GF has made it trickier to RNG abuse and hack this gen.
#15luigispezzotti(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 3:48:01 PM
WobbuffetGod posted...
I think people overestimate the skills of hackers. Yes they are good. But they haven't gotten what is needed with the 3DS yet. Pokemon will increase the demand, but people can't just make things happen because they want to. I think it will happen eventually, but not any time soon. I give it a year.

The 3DS has already been hacked, the exact information on how they hacked it has not been released yet due to the fact that they don't want Nintendo to figure out their strategy for hacking, and apply an update in response.
#16NessEggmanPosted 9/26/2013 3:49:47 PM
Tezion posted...
What's the point of RNG abuse if you can just edit the save?

RNG abuse is technically within the "legal" boundaries of the game. You're not changing anything about the game's "natural" code to get it to work. Some people feel this is more legitimate than hacking.

I think in this case, though, the final outcome is all that is really important. In the end, the entire point of hacking or RNG abusing is to avoid the tedium of playing the game and waiting for the RNG to "hit." So I don't really understand the point of RNG if you're capabale of just editing the data.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#17beebarbPosted 9/26/2013 4:01:39 PM
NessEggman posted...
Tezion posted...
What's the point of RNG abuse if you can just edit the save?

RNG abuse is technically within the "legal" boundaries of the game. You're not changing anything about the game's "natural" code to get it to work. Some people feel this is more legitimate than hacking.

I think in this case, though, the final outcome is all that is really important. In the end, the entire point of hacking or RNG abusing is to avoid the tedium of playing the game and waiting for the RNG to "hit." So I don't really understand the point of RNG if you're capabale of just editing the data.

Hacking comes with risks, RNG abuse does not. You can make a game-breaking glitch 'mon with hacking.

RNG abused Pokemon also have trade value, whereas the trade value of a hack is literally zero except to other hackers.

RNG abused Pokemon will always pass any legitimacy test. Hacks are likely to fail if one mistake is made.
---
Experience beats bias, but words on the Internet are meaningless.
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780
#18RoyalDroneXPosted 9/28/2013 8:50:47 PM
luigispezzotti posted...
WobbuffetGod posted...

The 3DS has already been hacked, the exact information on how they hacked it has not been released yet due to the fact that they don't want Nintendo to figure out their strategy for hacking, and apply an update in response.

Which translates as: We haven't cracked the 3DS yet. Also all the best they can do is get AR to run DS games but not 3DS games.

Believing that it'll be hacked in 1-2 weeks might be difficult. I voted never as, for the time being, NO 3DS game has been successfully hacked (the whole "they're not telling to avoid patching" garbage is just more like "No, we haven't cracked it yet" )
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003
#19WolfJouninPosted 9/28/2013 8:53:43 PM
Action Replay can be within the first couple of weeks, to a month. I imagine other forms of hacking will take around a month probably, possibly less, probably not too much more. Poke Bank's release will pretty much allow all Pokemon up until gen 5 to be confirmed even if there is no hacking up until that point by some chance.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#20feeltheninjutsuPosted 9/28/2013 8:54:17 PM
GTS hijacking will be out within 1-2 months.
---
"Not everything is a lesson. Sometimes you just fail." - Dwight Schrute
"I don't get high, life keeps me at a decent height." -Lupe Fiasco