This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you have any Pokemon-related organizations at your school/college?

#1kirbydude385Posted 9/26/2013 5:44:48 PM
Just curious.

For me, we have a Pokemon Club which focuses on competitive battling (we're planning to do some VGC stuff) which I am the co-president for.

The university also has a system where students can teach classes to other students, and one of those is a Pokemon class (it's actually sponsored by the Nutritional Science and Toxicology department) which I am also one of the instructors for. It's really great because you can get credits by taking AND teaching the class (1-2 for taking, 1-4 for teaching). This class is actually really popular, and even with two sections of 30 slots each we still had to deny a few people.

We're going to have an XY launch party the afternoon/evening of 10/12 (just get confirmation on the room reservation) that will include people from both.
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#2shagohad3Posted 9/26/2013 5:46:28 PM
My college has an anime/video game club. Thats about it.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#3ChibiDeidaraPosted 9/26/2013 6:02:45 PM(edited)
Sadly ..No
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-
#4SirPikachuPosted 9/26/2013 5:48:28 PM
No, because I live in rural Georgia where everything is beer, football, hard-workin' farmin' men and stuff; so there's nothing even close to that at my school, which I hate.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#5pnpdarrelPosted 9/26/2013 5:55:29 PM
Uh, there's an unofficial club, it just keeps everyone updated on news. I actually am curious though, what college are you at that you have this? Because it sounds awesome.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0404-6447-4655
Official Luxord of KH 3 boards!
#6MoonLightCloudPosted 9/26/2013 6:01:42 PM
That's actually really cool, TC.

Although, what exactly do you teach in your class?

To answer your question, nope. I wish I did though.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#7ArabianPenguinsPosted 9/26/2013 6:15:17 PM
pnpdarrel posted...
I actually am curious though, what college are you at that you have this? Because it sounds awesome.

My school doesn't offer this, but that would be cool if it did.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#8KyrieIrvingPosted 9/26/2013 6:39:32 PM
Yes.

Because i go to the same college as you lol.
---
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif
#9jfx_zeroPosted 9/26/2013 7:14:41 PM
I haven't checked it out yet, but there's one called "Team Rocket" that's been recruiting people.
---
Check out my music page at: chrisbyerly.bandcamp.com or soundcloud.com/chris-byerly
#10kirbydude385(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 8:47:42 PM
KyrieIrving posted...
Yes.

Because i go to the same college as you lol.

Oh you.

I go to UC Berkeley. In the class we literally go over everything from the franchise history, to the anime, to the manga, to the games. We do some competitive stuff, region history, evil teams, fandom, creepypasta (Halloween lecture), and about the last quarter of the semester is about biology and ecology in the Pokemon world (hence why we can have it as an academic class)
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous