This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope this isn't as bad as BW.

#31WindyligthPosted 9/26/2013 7:50:15 PM
Glass cannon fest? Really?
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#32JarickoPosted 9/26/2013 7:52:28 PM
Even if the plot was lousy for them in the sequel at least Plasma was more competent. They do lure you on a ship and gang up on you. What is questionable though is why the shadow triad battle you at all when they could in theory beat you down no problem without pokemon.

They also attacked a city which is something none of the previous groups did. If it was a final fantasy style RPG team plasma would be pretty awesome. They seem slightly out of place in this world and its very hard to believe they can be beat at all.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#33GoldenFantasyPosted 9/26/2013 7:53:21 PM
PheonixFFire7 posted...
B/W's story wasn't good. I don't know why it's always praised by everyone. Sure, the subject matter was a bit deeper than past games, but that in no way means its better or even good. It just means it was different. I'd prefer a game with a basic plot just to give you an objective than a game trying to make a "deep" story and falling flat on its face. B/W just felt cheesy and forced to me from the very first time N opened his mouth.

I don't like forced stories in Pokemon. I much prefer the story to get in the way as little as possible, and just let you have fun exploring. I like when they have little optional things in the game world to discover and give you some bits of lore. Like reading the journals about Mew/Mewtwo in the Cinnibar Mansion, reading the myths about Arceus and the creation trio in Canalave City, capturing legendaires and reading the bits of lore behind them, etc. Small stories like that have always been way more interesting to me in Pokemon than any of the main plots have.

It may not be good, but it was better than most other stories in the Pokemon franchise.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#34javel34Posted 9/26/2013 7:56:21 PM
Whats a glass canon? If you fire it it would break instantly. Seems rather pointless.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#35Guerrero_SonPosted 9/26/2013 7:59:28 PM
No fetus Pokemon or others that look drugged and I'll consider it miles above B/W.
#36lambchipsPosted 9/26/2013 8:26:53 PM
If anything b/w 1 has far too many tanky/annoying pokemons... pokemons have passive that can stun or sturdy
^ afaik most of the pokemons defense are above average (or pokemons have below average based attack)

That said I liked b/w1 (hated 2 though)
The only thing I hated about b/w1 was that everything felt scripted
^ go to new town> watch cutscene> run around talking to npcs to trigger flags> do something before you can progress to new area/gym battle > enter new town

that said its not as bad as b/w2 where it was the same, except after the 7th or so gym, it was basically plot > plot > plot > plot (usually in pokemon games, I want the plot to end after the 6th gym because I like to rush to get to end game material after i get level 60 to obey)

In previous pokemon games there were barely any cutscenes... it was just going around town collecting badges with a very light focus on plot
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#37TheWayofPiePosted 9/26/2013 8:42:27 PM
lambchips posted...
If anything b/w 1 has far too many tanky/annoying pokemons... pokemons have passive that can stun or sturdy
^ afaik most of the pokemons defense are above average (or pokemons have below average based attack)

That said I liked b/w1 (hated 2 though)
The only thing I hated about b/w1 was that everything felt scripted
^ go to new town> watch cutscene> run around talking to npcs to trigger flags> do something before you can progress to new area/gym battle > enter new town

that said its not as bad as b/w2 where it was the same, except after the 7th or so gym, it was basically plot > plot > plot > plot (usually in pokemon games, I want the plot to end after the 6th gym because I like to rush to get to end game material after i get level 60 to obey)

In previous pokemon games there were barely any cutscenes... it was just going around town collecting badges with a very light focus on plot

I hated that BW2's plot was all smooched at the end. I mean you fight the Ice Plasma Sage at least 3 times in the span of 4 hours!
---
Ridley: *Adjusts monocole* Why, I've become civilized, my dear Samantha! Anyway, come, sit, have some tea. -Master_Warlord7 Same Time Posts: 8
#38GeneralCortezPosted 9/26/2013 8:48:55 PM
Archeaops is the definition of a glass cannon I think

That said, I loved B/W o_O
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#39Twilight_SonataPosted 9/26/2013 9:20:16 PM
Posting in a troll topic.