This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

does anyone know if raichu is going to have a anime voice like pikachu

#1megaman_97Posted 9/26/2013 5:48:20 PM
I'm saying this because it would seem weird if pikachu evolved and then forgot how to say it's own name. it's fine either way but it would just seem weird if it didn't.
#2NessEggmanPosted 9/26/2013 5:49:37 PM
Raichu wouldn't be "forgetting how to say its own name." Because Raichu's name is not Pikachu. Plus, it's not like the current evolutions also make their pre-evo's cry O_o
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#3iciclebladePosted 9/26/2013 5:51:46 PM
LT. Surge's raichu said raichu...why not pikachu?
---
http://tinyurl.com/OperationDecode I Petition to get Digimon: Redigitize localized. Sign if you want it to come stateside
#4megaman_97(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 5:52:29 PM
NessEggman posted...
Raichu wouldn't be "forgetting how to say its own name." Because Raichu's name is not Pikachu. Plus, it's not like the current evolutions also make their pre-evo's cry O_o

you know what i mean. pikachu at least being able to say at least it's name and evolveing and suddenly only being able to roar or it's cry.
#5NessEggmanPosted 9/26/2013 5:54:54 PM
It's not really like saying their name is an ability or skill or talent... it's just the way the cry sounds. It's just like an evolution can't say its pre-evo's cry... just because the pre-evo's cry doesn't sound like a word... it doesn't matter. They have different cries because they are different Pokemon.

Pokemon evolve and lose the ability to learn certain moves through level up, lose the ability to evolve, etc. Because each Pokemon is different, even though they evolved from previous ones.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#6bonannPosted 9/26/2013 5:55:42 PM
megaman_97 posted...
NessEggman posted...

you know what i mean. pikachu at least being able to say at least it's name and evolveing and suddenly only being able to roar or it's cry.

Pikachu only has its anime roar or cry because it's the mascot. Last I checked, Raichu isn't the mascot.
---
3DS: 4313 - 0687- 5263 | AC: NL Town: Aries
#7SirPikachuPosted 9/26/2013 5:57:47 PM
Lol, wuts a Raichu

But no, Pikachu IS the mascot so he always gets special treatment.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#8MegaMettaurPosted 9/26/2013 6:01:10 PM
SirPikachu posted...
Lol, wuts a Raichu

Well Pikachu was originally just a fan favorite, iirc they intended for jigglypuff to be mascot.
---
(PC): Skullgirls: Squigly <3 Steam ID: MegaMettaurX
(3DS): FC: 0834-1402-9867 - Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker x Ninja, Contact, Mega Man Zero Collection
#9NessEggmanPosted 9/26/2013 6:02:14 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
SirPikachu posted...
Lol, wuts a Raichu

Well Pikachu was originally just a fan favorite, iirc they intended for jigglypuff to be mascot.

I thought it was Clefairy? Isn't htat part of the reason pokedolls are celfairy-shaped?
---
#10bonannPosted 9/26/2013 6:04:00 PM
NessEggman posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
SirPikachu posted...
Lol, wuts a Raichu

I thought it was Clefairy? Isn't htat part of the reason pokedolls are celfairy-shaped?

Yes, it was Clefairy. It looks way too feminine compared to Pikachu though, plus the anime made Pikachu even more popular. Charizard is probably the closest thing as the next mascot.
---
3DS: 4313 - 0687- 5263 | AC: NL Town: Aries