This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is that winged Pokemon in the Pokemon: Origins trailer?

#1MissCarriagePosted 9/26/2013 5:57:42 PM
Its the statue at :34.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgc81i06qwY
---
Love me long time.
#2smashman92Posted 9/26/2013 5:58:33 PM
Random statue. They're were random statues in Red and Blue right?
---
Charizard for SSBU
#3NessEggmanPosted 9/26/2013 5:59:45 PM
Probably just a statue with a made-up shape. Like, how in the real world people make statues of things like gargoyles, even though there is no IRL animal gargoyle. It's of course inspired by IRL creatures, but it's not a replica of a real one. I don't see why people in the Pokemon world wouldn't do the same.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#4MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 6:06:27 PM
That is SO weird.

I've never really seen statues or pictures of mythical looking creatures in the Pokemon anime that aren't Pokemon themselves.

In the first season of the anime, fish and small animals like worms were shown living alongside Pokemon, but after that it was strictly a Pokemon-only world.
---
Love me long time.
#5Rad_DudesmanPosted 9/26/2013 6:08:18 PM
MissCarriage posted...

In the first season of the anime, fish and small animals like worms were shown living alongside Pokemon, but after that it was strictly a Pokemon-only world.

Because there weren't enough Pokemon to fill in for those animals at the time
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
Blaze the Cat is cool. People who agree: 5
#6MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 6:12:23 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
MissCarriage posted...

They could have used Magikarp and Caterpie, or even Goldeen and Weedle. There were many fish and worm Pokemon at the time of Gen 1.
---
Love me long time.
#7MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 2:59:48 AM
It would be cool if it turned out to be some sort of new gen Pokemon in like 5 years.
---
Love me long time.
#8NewbieN00bPosted 9/27/2013 4:13:41 AM
MissCarriage posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
MissCarriage posted...

They could have used Magikarp and Caterpie, or even Goldeen and Weedle. There were many fish and worm Pokemon at the time of Gen 1.

Caterpillars aren't worms tho, and Magikarp and Caterpie are much bigger than regular fish/worms
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
#9Great_ReapettePosted 9/27/2013 4:15:04 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it kind of looks like the Ultimate Chimera from Mother 3?
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#10UmuruPosted 9/28/2013 10:24:56 PM
Great_Reapette posted...
Am I the only one who thinks it kind of looks like the Ultimate Chimera from Mother 3?

The head isn't comically large enough. It just looks like a housecat with wings to me.