This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did you start with yellow, and do you always keep your starter in your party?

#1EnferolunosPosted 9/26/2013 6:41:30 PM
Did you start with yellow, and do you always keep your starter in your party? - Results (277 votes)
No, I didn't start with yellow, and I always keep my starter
62.45% (173 votes)
No, I didn't start with yellow, and I don't always keep my starter
20.58% (57 votes)
Yes, I started with yellow, and I always keep my starter
11.91% (33 votes)
Yes, I started with yellow, and I don't always keep my starter
5.05% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I had a realization earlier. I don't always keep my starter, I don't really give them preferential treatment unless I really like them. This might have to do with the fact that I started with Pokemon Yellow. You don't get a choice of starter, so it's less personal and special. Every other game, your starter is pretty much the first decision you make (other than name and gender), and in Yellow, you're just given a Pikachu. The real problem is that Pikachu can't evolve. Other starters are able to grow and evolve as you go through your adventure, and Pikachu doesn't, so I eventually just threw him in the box. I'm not sure if playing Red or Blue would have made me more attached to starters in general.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#2Sloth9230Posted 9/26/2013 6:42:55 PM
I started with Gold, and I used to always keep my starter in my party... then came Emboar -_-"
#3AlI_About_The_UPosted 9/26/2013 6:43:03 PM
No, I didn't start with yellow, and I always keep my starter
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#4RDS1Posted 9/26/2013 6:44:47 PM
I didn't start with Yellow. I did always keep my starter in my party... except in White 2, when I replaced my Oshawott with a Venipede and never looked back.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#5ZTIger5Posted 9/26/2013 6:47:29 PM
Started with Blue (got Yellow later at a community rummage sale), and I always keep my starters with me, building the rest of the team around them so not to overlap any types.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon White 2, Bioshock Infinite
I believe in everlasting life in Heaven.
#6Xenesis XenonPosted 9/26/2013 6:48:59 PM
Started with Red.

Don't always keep my starter - I did a monotype poison on Crystal once and while I usually keep my starter, I sometimes don't.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#7Masterchief5525Posted 9/26/2013 6:50:22 PM
Started with Blue, I usually only level my Starter all the way through and catch a few legendaries and then do the elite four. >.>
#8MrprowleyPosted 9/26/2013 6:52:01 PM
Who would get rid of their starters!?! thats the pokemon that you picked to START your journey with! My starter always becomes the leader of my team though I will agree gen 5 starters were pretty blan compared gen 4.
#9Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 6:53:49 PM
Mrprowley posted...
Who would get rid of their starters!?! thats the pokemon that you picked to START your journey with! My starter always becomes the leader of my team though I will agree gen 5 starters were pretty blan compared gen 4.

>Didn't read the text
k
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#10Tetsaiga223Posted 9/26/2013 6:54:51 PM
I started with Red and I've always kept my starter.

Until Gen V came and f'd that up.
---
You shouldn't eat when on GFAQs man, this place is nasty ~Sol (the great)