This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction: IVs now range from 0-63

#11XxVERSUSxXPosted 9/26/2013 8:04:05 PM
ZTIger5 posted...
legitgamer405 posted...
Octaivian_Rex posted...
So now instead of of 5% of people playing completely legit we have 0%.
#12MrFingers07Posted 9/26/2013 8:08:26 PM
icicleblade posted...
o.0 63....

well first off, rage about all my old pokemon being useless now...then proceed to headbutt a wall repeatedly.

wait, why would you think this?

if the IV system was changed to this all I imagine will happen is that IVs from 0-1 will replace what we know as 0,
2-3 IVs will replace what we now know as 1
4-5 IVs will replace what we now know as 2
6-7 IVs will replace what we now know as 3
62-31 IVs will replace what we now know as 31.

What this means is that we could have certain Hidden Powers without saccing a speed point (like what we have to do currently for HP Fire and Fighting)
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#13ClassyOldHatPosted 9/26/2013 8:14:23 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Weren't the IV range change, the EV limit, and the addition of Natures, the reason they couldn't transfer from Gen II to Gen III? So wouldn't it be a bad idea to do that again?

That was actually the inability of the GBC to connect with the GBA. Backwards compatibility was not an option without spending a lot of time and money to create a specialized cable and program that would allow for the two to connect, which would be used solely to transport Pokemon. With no other potential use, it was deemed to niche and financially unfeasible.

Game Freak could have introduced those mechanic changes at any point; data conversions of that kind are first year computer science stuff. It would have been bit of extra work to make the conversion possible, but it could be done. However, since backwards compatibility was already not an option, they decided they would make major changes at a time when it wouldn't take a lot of extra work.

TL;DR: Game Freak probably would have made those changes either way, it just happened backwards compatibility was not an option when they chose to make it.
#14jneal57Posted 9/26/2013 8:15:25 PM
i wouldn't mind
---
Go show your support for Keiji Inafune's (this is the guy behind megaman) new project Mighty No. 9 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9
#15Mynameispaul96Posted 9/26/2013 8:15:55 PM
ZTIger5 posted...
legitgamer405 posted...
Octaivian_Rex posted...
So now instead of of 5% of people playing completely legit we have 0%.

---
You either die as Chespin or live long enough to become Hariboogu. - . -
3DS FC: 3351 - 4223 - 6174, pm me so we can be friends. : /
#16aaron1111Posted 9/26/2013 8:17:57 PM
MoonLightCloud posted...
Pokegen can't come out sooner.

Tell Me about it. Who knows if Pokegen will ever work with Gen VI.
#17iciclebladePosted 9/26/2013 8:20:41 PM
MrFingers07 posted...
icicleblade posted...
o.0 63....

well first off, rage about all my old pokemon being useless now...then proceed to headbutt a wall repeatedly.

wait, why would you think this?

if the IV system was changed to this all I imagine will happen is that IVs from 0-1 will replace what we know as 0,
2-3 IVs will replace what we now know as 1
4-5 IVs will replace what we now know as 2
6-7 IVs will replace what we now know as 3
62-31 IVs will replace what we now know as 31.

What this means is that we could have certain Hidden Powers without saccing a speed point (like what we have to do currently for HP Fire and Fighting)

Ah, i assumed TC meant that IV max would raise to 63 and that previous games where the highest is 31 would transfer in as 31 and not be raised to 63.
---
http://tinyurl.com/OperationDecode I Petition to get Digimon: Redigitize localized. Sign if you want it to come stateside