This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Pokemon special will receive a anime?

#1TakethatbackPosted 9/26/2013 7:07:27 PM
I mean if Pokemon origins does well, Pokemon origins is just a giant love letter to fans of the games anyway right? Pokemon adventures also better represents the games then the current anime, not to mention we get a new protagonist each generation. I remember when i was a kid and bought R&S i was disappointed when i couldn't play as a ash from the anime, i fail to see why it hasn't happened yet.
#2hyperdimeduckPosted 9/26/2013 7:08:19 PM
No.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
#3Takethatback(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 7:09:47 PM
hyperdimeduck posted...
No.

I'm sure there is a reason behind your answer? if you could please...
#4hyperdimeduckPosted 9/26/2013 7:15:09 PM(edited)
Takethatback posted...
hyperdimeduck posted...
No.

Sure, although you might think this is fickle. I just didn't really like the R/BY saga. Why make the Gym leaders and Elite Four evil? I finished Yellow before I started to lose interest in the manga. ZapMolCuno was pretty dumb too.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
#5pokemonfreak97Posted 9/26/2013 7:14:12 PM
It better represents the games than the current show, yes, but that's not the point of the current show. The current show's goal is to take the general region and idea of the games and sell them to people. Special/Adventures is more about telling a story (a twisted, convoluted story, from what little I know) and less about selling people the games. And selling people the games is why Game Freak has the show made in the first place. Origins is incredibly surprising on its own--unless they're re-remaking FRLG.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#6JarickoPosted 9/26/2013 7:14:15 PM
I think its meant to just be a special sadly. It looks like its just a long video of Red's journey threw the events of the game. It showed Charmander becoming charizard and it showed lance. If they intended a show i do not think they would have a lance episode already drawn up. I do want a reboot to the anime though, so one can hope anyway.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#7Takethatback(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 7:16:24 PM
hyperdimeduck posted...
Takethatback posted...
hyperdimeduck posted...
No.

Sure, although you might think this is fickle. I just didn't really like the R/BY saga. Why make the Gym leaders and Elite Four evil? I finished Yellow before I started to lose interest in the manga. ZapMolCuno was pretty dumb too.

Understandable you don't like the manga and believe it's not worthy of a anime, i see nothing wrong with your answer.
#8Takethatback(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 7:25:30 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
It better represents the games than the current show, yes, but that's not the point of the current show. The current show's goal is to take the general region and idea of the games and sell them to people. Special/Adventures is more about telling a story (a twisted, convoluted story, from what little I know) and less about selling people the games. And selling people the games is why Game Freak has the show made in the first place. Origins is incredibly surprising on its own--unless they're re-remaking FRLG.

I have to disagree, whatever new features are pushed in the game are also implemented in the manga. I do agree they're not pushed to the degree of the anime, but they are there. When it comes to story the manga does take liberties, but all important events from the game are in the manga and you can't say that for the anime. Despite all that i can accept your answer as a reason why it can't be.
#9JarickoPosted 9/26/2013 7:27:58 PM
I kinda just view the manga, game and anime all as separate canons. They are each trying to tell a different story, even if they do it in similar ways with similar settings.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#10Takethatback(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 7:38:32 PM
I agree, i view the anime as a giant advertisement for the latest Pokemon games, so i just want better advertisement. If the anime was better i wouldn't care.