This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if pokemon COULD die?

#1FinalFantazyv2Posted 9/26/2013 8:26:15 PM
Like after old age or certain amount of knock outs or not making it to Pokemon centers in time?

It would drastically change the game. Pokemon would be dark and depressing. Friendships ending suddenly. Lifelong friendships over in an instant. Pokemon causing people to mass suicide because they lost their beloved Charizard to rabies. An opera of pain bellowed out by the cries of terror from pikachus and sylveons being ripped to shreds by starving tyrantrums. Oh the bloody horror. I love it.

Seriously though it would suck.
---
Oh. Well. Alright.
#2President_MarthPosted 9/26/2013 8:27:31 PM
It would make the game more interesting.
---
Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! Marth kicks arse! ~AngryPidgeon
Official President Marth of Gamefaqs
#3aaron1111Posted 9/26/2013 8:27:32 PM
Pokegen would get a lot more customers lol xD
#4Nomorice4UPosted 9/26/2013 8:27:45 PM
FE got a lot of haste for permadeath.
---
Capcom All Star dream team - Dr. Wily/Devilot/Donovan or Rouge/Talbain/Megaman(any)
#5JarickoPosted 9/26/2013 8:29:05 PM
Nomorice4U posted...
FE got a lot of haste for permadeath.

I assume you mean hate. And the recent fire emblem has a no death option.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#6MoonLightCloudPosted 9/26/2013 8:31:56 PM
Digimon basically does this in a lot of the games.
Although usually you get an Egg out of it (I say usually because I haven't played all of them), but still.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#7IcewitchPosted 9/26/2013 8:34:25 PM
Pokemon do die. They just don't use it as a game mechanic.
---
^.^
#8iciclebladePosted 9/26/2013 8:34:56 PM
it would be only a thin line between it and monster rancher, but it would make you care about it more.
Heck, put in a system that makes it live longer or shorter depending on how well you take care of it lol.
---
http://tinyurl.com/OperationDecode I Petition to get Digimon: Redigitize localized. Sign if you want it to come stateside
#9FullAutoCVTPosted 9/26/2013 8:37:29 PM
Pokerus would be a terminal disease, and so would Weedle's poison sting attack.
#10FinalFantazyv2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 8:38:10 PM
I wanna see Pokemon get torn to literal pieces by my bloodthirsty homicidal team of Pokemon I plan to put together. Maybe if the players Pokemon never died then it would work. My fennekin wishes to taste chespin blood.
---
Oh. Well. Alright.