This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if pokemon COULD die?

#31OkamiDragonPosted 9/26/2013 9:07:30 PM
Nomorice4U posted...
Dohboy101 posted...
I would hunt ash's pikachu down with a gengar by my side and destroy it

I'd use a Rhydon and I'd dare it to aim for the horn!

I think Ash's Pikachu already beat a Rhydon...such a cheater.
Personally, I'd get a Ground-Type Arceus to Judgement him to oblivion and beyond.
...I'm fine with pikachu in general, but Ash's pikachu needs to get his ass destroyed...permanently. He's a total cheater.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3826 6364 9621
3DS FC: 4854 6740 2475
#32JackSolomonPosted 9/26/2013 9:08:58 PM
OkamiDragon posted...
Personally, I'd get a Ground-Type Arceus to Judgement him to oblivion and beyond.
...I'm fine with pikachu in general, but Ash's pikachu needs to get his ass destroyed...permanently. He's a total cheater.

Why? Because he's not bound by the strict rules of the game and is free to experiment and try strategies and tactics beyond math?
#33Patriarch105Posted 9/27/2013 8:22:00 AM
JackSolomon posted...
OkamiDragon posted...

Why? Because he's not bound by the strict rules of the game and is free to experiment and try strategies and tactics beyond math?

I agree with the other guy it would be hilarious if Pikachu died. To watch Ash a ten yr old boy spiral into a depression.

Fast forward through his life. Find a girl who tries to help him. They have a son. But all the while Pikachu's death knaws at his brain. He leaves the house for revenge 15yrs later (He's 25) and leaves his wife and son at home never to return.

Or something else just as ridiculous with the same ending. I want him to become his father.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#34VIIVincentPosted 9/27/2013 8:37:55 AM
i want to see Horn Drill and Guillotine in all its glory. what a mess.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#35wheeling_gamerPosted 9/27/2013 8:39:45 AM
JackSolomon posted...
I'd say it could be implemented like this: Have it be your choice.

Say your Pokemon can faint as usual. At that point, you can revive them, take them to the Pokemon Center, as usual. Once all your Pokemon faint, you can choose to surrender and white out. However, once a Pokemon faints, you can choose to tell it to keep fighting. It will recover some health, how much depending on it's friendship level: The higher the friendship, the more health it recovers, up to half of it's total. If it's health hits zero in this state, then it dies. Permanently.

Telling it to keep fighting does not take a turn like a Revive, so it's all up to you. How badly do you want that win? How much are you willing to risk for that victory?

I love a system like that. Seems a heck a lot better than an annoying Nuzlocke... It would also make happiness actually useful...

I would also want to implement a system where you could encounter the ghost in the graveyard. Maybe, once you found the ghost, and provided its happiness was high in life, you could have it pass a move to a Pokémon currently in your party. It could be anything, no matter how crazy. However, if you did this, the ghost be gone forever.
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
#36CakeOfLiesPosted 9/27/2013 8:42:28 AM
Then I take the body to the museum for them to revive it.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF
#37ZTIger5Posted 9/27/2013 8:47:42 AM
Nomorice4U posted...
FE got a lot of hate for permadeath.

To my knowledge, FE has always done permadeath. Awakening had a no death option, so it's really quite irrational to complain about that.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon White 2, Bioshock Infinite
I believe in everlasting life in Heaven.