This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where have you guys preordered your game? Will you be getting it at midnight?

#1maestroPosted 9/26/2013 7:27:11 PM
Just found out that my gamestop will not have a midnight release. Instead they'll open an hour early (9AM) on Saturday morning.

Unfortunately I can't wait that long since there's still two weeks left and i'm already at my wits end waiting for this game.......and also because I go to work at noon on Saturday and I had planned on getting the game at midnight, playing until the early morning and then waking up an hour or so before work

I want a physical copy so I really don't want to digitally DL this game if I can help it. Are there any places that you know of that will have a midnight release for this game?
---
what is a ? WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR YOUR IMAGINARY MONEY! HOW MUCH DOES IT COST!?! - the afrochicken
#2nro87Posted 9/26/2013 7:28:42 PM
Didn't preorder, probably won't get it until the Monday after it is released.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#3Cannon_SamPosted 9/26/2013 7:46:13 PM(edited)
nro87 posted...
Didn't preorder, probably won't get it until the Monday after it is released.

Everyone feels sorry for you, but that's definitely not what he asked.

My GS isn't doing a midnight release either, so I opted for Target. You get a $5 gift card for each game, plus if you have a redcard, that's an extra 5% off. I actually get an employee discount as well, so it's really 15% plus that gift card.

Both games at GS: $87.98 @ 10% tax
Both games at Target: 83.59 with a redcard @ 10% tax, -$10 with the gift cards.

So you really only spend $73.60 as opposed to $88 if my math is right. And Target opens at 8.

However, I would imagine Wal-Mart would sell you a copy at midnight if you talked to the electronics department manager beforehand.

Edit: fixed math
---
"I hate it when people put their own quotes in their sigs."
-- Me
#4QuagsireQingPosted 9/26/2013 8:35:19 PM
EB Games. Yes.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#5kingtracePosted 9/26/2013 8:36:08 PM
Gamestop, nope.
---
I'm an Atheist, and I'm damn proud of it.
If that offends you for whatever reason, shoot me a PM and I'll correct your misconception.
#6hyperdimeduckPosted 9/26/2013 8:36:35 PM
Off the eshop and yes I'm downloading it at midnight.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
#7SuperSonicDBZPosted 9/26/2013 8:36:57 PM
Midnight, Digital Download for Pokemon Y version.

I hope to by a physical copy of X that Saturday morning... unless I find that these games somehow break my expectations and tank horribly. Though I'm doubting that will happen.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#8ChibiDeidaraPosted 9/26/2013 8:38:35 PM
Preordered at Gamestop .. are they even doing a midnight launch?
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-
#9choicespecPosted 9/26/2013 8:47:47 PM
Preordered at Gamestop.

Even if they do a midnight release, I'd rather avoid the risk of being robbed in the dark and get some rest before playing it almost nonstop.
#10niklnipPosted 9/26/2013 8:52:53 PM
Target. Can't get it at midnight because of some factors. I'll just get it early the next day.
---
Black 2 Friend Code [Nikl]: 0433-7110-2756
Official Swoobat of the Pokemon X board