This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what are your thoughts on the Smogon Tier list?

#1telocasterPosted 9/26/2013 8:52:24 PM
Do you agree with them?
Is there a better tier list you follow?
Does Speed Boost Blaziken belong in the UBER tier?
---
Get Tales of Xillia (GOTY 2013)
#2AlI_About_The_UPosted 9/26/2013 8:52:53 PM
Smogon are the devil.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#3javel34Posted 9/26/2013 8:53:52 PM
I don't mind them, without them most teams would be nothing but legends.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#4NessEggmanPosted 9/26/2013 8:55:08 PM
People who hate them don't understand competitive play nor metagame communities.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#5XxVERSUSxXPosted 9/26/2013 8:56:46 PM
I don't have any feelings towards it either way. That being said Smogon doesn't make sense. It will ban certain abilities or moves and even Pokemon but still allows broken moves like stealth rock which is A**backwards
#6OMGWYATTPosted 9/26/2013 8:58:32 PM(edited)
there's really nothing to agree or disagree with. The categories aren't subjective at all except for maybe Uber, which are just champs that are too strong for OU. It's the same no matter where you look, they're ranked by the amount of play, not how strong they're perceived.

Speed Boost blaziken is absolutely too strong for OU.
---
XboxLive: Riotsquad18
#7fddsfsasfPosted 9/26/2013 8:59:31 PM
they definitely have the most objective, unbiased tier list with changes that are made only with stats and the consensus of the best, most well-respected members of the poke-community. I think their list and rules should serve as a universal standard to anyone who wants to play pokemon, both in simulators and on cartridge.
#8Bogmire216Posted 9/26/2013 8:59:44 PM
It's alright I guess. I could never agree with the whole "we're going to ban blaziken altogether but make an exception for rough skin garchomp and blanket ban sand veil under evasion clause to cover our asses" thing.

I mean would it really be so bad if people were allowed to use Blaze Blaziken in UU? I don't see what the big deal is, slippery slope argument BS aside. I mean they've already done complex bans with swift swim+drizzle so I don't see why blaziken would be any different.
---
Friend code: 0903-3254-6934
#9telocaster(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 9:15:58 PM
*casts bump*
---
Get Tales of Xillia (GOTY 2013)
#10LexifoxPosted 9/26/2013 9:16:31 PM
Bogmire216 posted...
It's alright I guess. I could never agree with the whole "we're going to ban blaziken altogether but make an exception for rough skin garchomp and blanket ban sand veil under evasion clause to cover our asses" thing.

I mean would it really be so bad if people were allowed to use Blaze Blaziken in UU? I don't see what the big deal is, slippery slope argument BS aside. I mean they've already done complex bans with swift swim+drizzle so I don't see why blaziken would be any different.

If you make an exception for one Pokemon, why can't you make an exception for another?

"The only reason POKEMON is in this tier because ABILITY/MOVE. We did it with Charizard, guys, why can't we do it with POKEMON by just making it use a different one?"

Garchomp was in ubers because it was strong and impossible to hit due to Sand Veil. With SV removed in accordance with Evasion Clause. It wasn't an attempt to get Garchomp in OU.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod