This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon champion system

#1TakethatbackPosted 9/26/2013 7:53:30 PM
The way i see this working is after you defeat the elite four, you get notices on your bottom screen about a randomly generated trainer who has made it past the elite four and wishes to challenge you. You can choose to fly back to the Pokemon league and challenge him/her or you can just ignore it, and these trainers levels will be between 60-80. While i don't believe this will ever happen, what do you think about the idea?
#2LibranFirePosted 9/26/2013 8:00:45 PM
I love this. I would like to actually act like a champion when I become one. Honestly, all those champions are sore losers! How many times must I beat Alder before he gives up his throne!?
#3Shootpark56Posted 9/26/2013 8:04:57 PM
I love this. I would like to actually act like a champion when I become one. Honestly, all those champions are sore losers! How many times must I beat Alder before he gives up his throne!?

Exactly, it probably goes like this:

"Hey um Alder, when am I gonna be able to act like a Champion?"

"NEVER! You cheated!"

"No, I beat you up with my Darmanitan.."

"NU-UH!"

"Baby..*Walks out of champion room and goes and does all the after-game stuff"

And also, that would be a great feature in X and Y.
#4JackSolomonPosted 9/26/2013 8:06:08 PM
Sure, I'm all for it. And have the Elite 4 now just be training partners: You can come and go from them at your leisure, as opposed to the usual: Step into the room, door locks, you're in it til you win or lose.

This way, you actual FEEL like a Champion: You're training alongside the most powerful Trainers in the region, and occasionally you get called up to fight a trainer whose beat them. If you lose, they take the title, whatever their previous title was (Ace Trainer, etc) gets replaced with Pokemon Champion, and you have to beat them to get your title back, also re-beating the Elite 4.
#5Takethatback(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 8:08:37 PM
JackSolomon posted...
Sure, I'm all for it. And have the Elite 4 now just be training partners: You can come and go from them at your leisure, as opposed to the usual: Step into the room, door locks, you're in it til you win or lose.

This way, you actual FEEL like a Champion: You're training alongside the most powerful Trainers in the region, and occasionally you get called up to fight a trainer whose beat them. If you lose, they take the title, whatever their previous title was (Ace Trainer, etc) gets replaced with Pokemon Champion, and you have to beat them to get your title back, also re-beating the Elite 4.

I never thought of that :O
I love that idea!
#6KuraikawaPosted 9/26/2013 8:09:55 PM
I think that is a great idea!
#7SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 9/26/2013 8:10:39 PM
Maybe. I'm sure it'd be neat, but I feel like the story plays it as the player character doesn't want to settle down and would rather keep adventuring.

Then again, Cynthia sure manages to have a lot of free time while still being the acting champ for Sinnoh. >_>
#8LexifoxPosted 9/26/2013 8:11:10 PM
I just assumed your character let the past Champion run the League so you could be free to explore and be without obligation to it just yet, and/or that no one actually beat the E4, etc.

Going to battle the Champion again is just a non-canon thing.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9OkamiDragonPosted 9/26/2013 8:13:33 PM
At the very least, I'd like it if we get SOME respect from the NPCs for being the champion. I'll admit, it felt good having fans in both Emerald's Battle Tower and, even though it wasn't battling, BW2's Studios...was it just me? xD
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3826 6364 9621
3DS FC: 4854 6740 2475
#10LibranFirePosted 9/26/2013 8:17:58 PM
OkamiDragon posted...
At the very least, I'd like it if we get SOME respect from the NPCs for being the champion. I'll admit, it felt good having fans in both Emerald's Battle Tower and, even though it wasn't battling, BW2's Studios...was it just me? xD

I was thinking about that! >:( Honestly! In Pokemon Black, I beat N, the champion, and random trainers had the audacity to challenge me, the champion, out of nowhere!? And they had the upper hand! Where the hell was I supposed to get some lvl. 68 pokemon if my pokes were only 55 at the most?