This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is everyone expecting each starter to have a second type?

#1NewlyTimidMagePosted 9/26/2013 10:11:47 PM
I mean, fennekin looks like it's definitely going to get a second type, but why chespin and froakie? It's very possible that neither one will get a secondary type like in gen 5, or in gen 2 where none of the starters got a secondary type. I'm not saying that they shouldn't get secondary types, I'm all for that, but this board seems to get their hopes up so high and end up crushed when they don't get what they want.

I'm just saying to be prepared if one, two, or all three starters don't get a secondary type.
---
FC: 3265-5278-7257
#2FuneralCakePosted 9/26/2013 10:13:18 PM
Because we have had extremely consistent leaks that have mentioned that the starters will have specific type combinations. If the leak had not been consistent, or wasn't even true at all, nobody would even care. However, that is not the case.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
shut up before i make you shut up
#3TyranidomegaPosted 9/26/2013 10:15:08 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Because we have had extremely consistent leaks that have mentioned that the starters will have specific type combinations. If the leak had not been consistent, or wasn't even true at all, nobody would even care. However, that is not the case.

Came in about to say this.

Sure Pokebeach has gotten some mishaps, like misspelling of English names and Fairy being resisted by Poison instead of Psychic. but so far they've been spot on.
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#4MetleonPosted 9/26/2013 10:15:25 PM
Because no one prefers mono-types to dual types. Secondary types rarely make the Pokemon worse.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#5NextgrandcrossPosted 9/26/2013 10:15:46 PM
Cause of the leaker at Pokebeach who's been right at just about nearly everything he predicted, not 100% of the time mind you but he's been very accurate.
#6ZarthimusPrimePosted 9/26/2013 10:15:50 PM
That's the way it was when the Unova starters were revealed. Everybody was adamant that they would be Dark (Snivy), Psychic (Tepig) and Fighting (Oshawott).

And what did we end up with? Two single types and our 3rd Fire/Fighting in a row.
---
Black FC: 3740 9039 0091
Black 2 FC: 2237 9220 4000
#7BabySh0esPosted 9/26/2013 10:16:13 PM
hmmm. Really hoping for water fighting and fire psychic....
#8TyranidomegaPosted 9/26/2013 10:17:40 PM
ZarthimusPrime posted...
That's the way it was when the Unova starters were revealed. Everybody was adamant that they would be Dark (Snivy), Psychic (Tepig) and Fighting (Oshawott).

And what did we end up with? Two single types and our 3rd Fire/Fighting in a row.

But this time we've been having very consistent leaks, one of them predicting the dark/psychic/fighting double triangle to happen.
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#9EnferolunosPosted 9/26/2013 10:17:55 PM
Metleon posted...
Because no one prefers mono-types to dual types. Secondary types rarely make the Pokemon worse.

I don't think you know what "expecting" means
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#10FuneralCakePosted 9/26/2013 10:18:02 PM
ZarthimusPrime posted...

Sure, except that back then we didn't have leaks saying that the types would be like that. So this is completely different.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
shut up before i make you shut up