This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There are a billion owned Pokemon in the world, and infinite more in the wild.

#1SH076UNNERPosted 9/26/2013 9:48:51 PM
It's good to know they are all unique in some way, even though with such a large number, repeats are inevitable. But for the most part, they are all unique and each have pro's and con's to what they are capable of in battle. Some people will take the time to find the PERFECT genetically superior Pokemon for a role in battle, but that's ok, because they deserve the rewards for extra time and effort.

What you just read above, THAT was the point of IV's. The popular thought of IV's today are mainly influenced by the existence of hackers. Popular thought being: "I dislike IV's, i want them removed". The advantage of hacked Pokemon corrupts the even playing field, and the extra time and effort to find that genetically superior Pokemon becomes.. Well, pointless.

So, where do i stand? I simply do not care. However, i HOPE there is no way to hack Pokemon in X and Y. We've actually never experienced the even playing field since hacking was always available, so i'm curious to how it would turn out.
#2javel34Posted 9/26/2013 9:49:58 PM
I'm going to start a Spinda project. We can't stop until every combo has been found.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/26/2013 9:52:16 PM
You don't care but built a bias argument for keeping IVs.

What is this, I don't even.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#4TodasmilePosted 9/26/2013 9:53:22 PM
If they change up how IVs and base stats and all that work juuuust a bit...

...we could see something magical.
---
I lol'd. Literally. I said "lol" out loud. ~ KasaiAisu1
Bold things are usually important... and distracting.
#5Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/26/2013 9:54:45 PM
Would also like to point out, there are many things they could do that could be more about effort than luck in consideration to IVS, and customization in Pokemon could also be handled differently.

It's not so black and white as it is potrayed on the "It has to stay for originality" argument.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#6SH076UNNER(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 9:56:55 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...

How was i bias? I stated Gamefreak's purpose of IV's and then gave the main reason to why IV's are disliked so much.
#7Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/26/2013 10:01:43 PM
SH076UNNER posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

How was i bias? I stated Gamefreak's purpose of IV's and then gave the main reason to why IV's are disliked so much.

If you were taking a neutral stance, you would comprehend the opposing argument also has valid points. Just like "There are many options other than IVs that could make Pokemon unique."

What the hell was Notch-Eared Pichu? Just an example of what could come as a possibility any day in any Pokemon generation.
---
#8SH076UNNER(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 10:02:10 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Would also like to point out, there are many things they could do that could be more about effort than luck in consideration to IVS, and customization in Pokemon could also be handled differently.

It's not so black and white as it is potrayed on the "It has to stay for originality" argument.

They have been taking steps to sort of removed the luck factor, BY reducing the luck factor with each generation with new mechanics. In my opinion, whatever they are doing is fine and they are heading in the right direction with this Gen's new mechanics.
#9MoonLightCloudPosted 9/26/2013 10:02:50 PM
SH076UNNER posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

No
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#10FurryyifferPosted 9/26/2013 10:03:08 PM
Then you stop and realize that no matter how much time and effort that is put into training and breeding and looking you may never get good IVs. And then beyond that you realize there never was an even playing field in the first place as some people would luck into better pokemon because of it.
There is no reward for effort or skill and honestly people trying to get the best IVs are actually looking for a better more even playing field because the system itself doesnt provide one. :/

Face it the casual player very likely wont even realize its there nor would they care and it pisses off the more competitive minded players. You have the potential to be overpowered or against a brick wall randomly because of IVs. Which is NOT an even playing field. Its a flawed system, it has a nice thought behind it but flawed all the same. :/
---
Ryuho, Playing Tales of Graces F
Forever in my heart.