This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There are a billion owned Pokemon in the world, and infinite more in the wild.

#11Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/26/2013 11:03:24 PM
SH076UNNER posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Would also like to point out, there are many things they could do that could be more about effort than luck in consideration to IVS, and customization in Pokemon could also be handled differently.

It's not so black and white as it is potrayed on the "It has to stay for originality" argument.

They have been taking steps to sort of removed the luck factor, BY reducing the luck factor with each generation with new mechanics. In my opinion, whatever they are doing is fine and they are heading in the right direction with this Gen's new mechanics.

I'm not exactly disagreeing. I'm more or less pointing out with possible changes the need for IVs could become obselete to existence. (For making "Pokemon unique.")

Such as the concept of the Notch Eared Pichu.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#12Hierarchy225Posted 9/26/2013 11:04:53 PM
Only idiots/masochists would want IV's to stay.

There I said it.
---
Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board // i.imgur.com/eo0eyoc.jpg
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#13KeeperOfShadowsPosted 9/26/2013 11:24:05 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...

There I said it.

No. People who aren't bothered by the randomness of IVs want them to stay. A simple "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality.

There are plenty of valid arguments against the current IV system, but the thing is, they aren't actually problems to all players. As such, not everybody can see the validity in the arguments. Would you instantly agree with getting rid of game mechanics you're perfectly comfortable with?

Then you get all the ridiculous topics with both sides going back and forth doing nothing but calling each other stupid like we're all in f'in 1st grade. The biggest problem is neither the people for or against removing IVs want to stop and really look from the other sides point of view.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#14Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/26/2013 11:28:55 PM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...

There I said it.

No. People who aren't bothered by the randomness of IVs want them to stay. A simple "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality.

There are plenty of valid arguments against the current IV system, but the thing is, they aren't actually problems to all players. As such, not everybody can see the validity in the arguments. Would you instantly agree with getting rid of game mechanics you're perfectly comfortable with?

Then you get all the ridiculous topics with both sides going back and forth doing nothing but calling each other stupid like we're all in f'in 1st grade. The biggest problem is neither the people for or against removing IVs want to stop and really look from the other sides point of view.

Except there's nothing comfortable with IVS.

This isn't like playing Pokemon and losing control of the directional pad. That's something that is a comfort, or the battle system.

It (IVs) are a sub mechanics of an already existing mechanics which is used by few (competitive) as most casuals don't give a damn.

Similar to fighting games, when they balance characters or add mechanics or change existing ones, casuals never complain (the majority) because they don't give a damn, and those who do make use of said mechanics regard it as either a neccessary requirement o something that won't dramatically affect the game.

Also if it ain't broken don't fix it. Why don't we just keep RBY mechanics then with Psychics being dominate, no Dark/Steel types and more. Most people didn't care about the balance in the first place anyway.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.