This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The No.1 Solution to IV's!

#1luigispezzottiPosted 9/27/2013 2:22:15 AM
"During Random Matchup/Online Play, all Pokemon's IV's are set to 31 across the board. Hidden Power's type would remain uneffected, but the base damage would be set to (insert whatever number here(eg. 70))"

This ensures that everyone is on a level playing field, and this means that Pokemon can retain their uniqueness (as the only time the IV's are normalized is during online random matchup). It also leaves some work to be done in order to achieve a certain Hidden Power.

During battles with friends, you can choose to have the IV's normalized all to 31, or keep them the way they are (for people who enjoy the complexity/uniqueness). Naturally Gamefreak doesn't like to acknowledge the existence of IV's to their fan-base and so the options would be named differently to the obvious IV's ON/IV's OFF.

This means, when getting a team together, players can completely ignore having to get 31 IV's in all the stats they need to, and only concentrate on natures, abilities, genders, EV's and Hidden Powers (if needed). Base Stats and EV's/natures will be the only things that matter in determining stats in Competitive Play.

This wouldn't deter teams such as Trick Room as those teams would by definition have Pokemon with natures that lower their speed, making them slower than opponents' Pokemon which are not speed-lowering oriented.

In the end, IV's only offset numbers, and thus this solution brings about the same results as removing IV's completely, while maintaining uniqueness in-game (whether IV's are all set to 0 or 31 during Competitive Play doesn't make a difference).
#2Sir_BadassPosted 9/27/2013 2:38:31 AM
No, the number 1 solution is to just scrap them.

The number 2 solution is some way to increase them.

I'd say your idea is around 4 or 5. It still leaves you at a disadvantage in ingame modes like the battle tower as well as local versus.
#3luigispezzotti(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 2:44:27 AM
Sir_Badass posted...

I'd say your idea is around 4 or 5. It still leaves you at a disadvantage in ingame modes like the battle tower as well as local versus.

So it would appear you didn't read the whole solution.

And the problem of in-game facilities can be solved without much more thought:
Simply have them normalized in the facilities as well.

Simple right?
#4zurcnPosted 9/27/2013 2:49:15 AM
i agree with this.

all mode where level is set, have IV's set

there is 1 major flaw though

trick room users
---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
http://youtu.be/iTJtTiQYlNU
#5luigispezzotti(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 2:52:52 AM
zurcn posted...
i agree with this.

all mode where level is set, have IV's set

there is 1 major flaw though

trick room users

"Trick Room users" isn't a flaw if you understand the basic goal and function behind Trick Room, which is:

To have slower Pokemon than your opponent.

This can still be achieved through Natures that hinder Speed, 0 Speed EV's, and even, if you need them, Speed hindering items.
#6luigispezzotti(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 3:27:40 AM
Bump
#7paiprPosted 9/27/2013 3:35:00 AM
Sir_Badass posted...

This. Honestly playing in game isnt helped by your idea. Andbim jot even talking with the modes. Just playing ingame isnt heloed with this.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#8pryceoflifePosted 9/27/2013 3:37:49 AM
I love how this guy shares his opinions with everyone and yells atus if we call it flawed
---
OddBen
my GE fc: 0591-8749-1362
#9MoonLightCloudPosted 9/27/2013 3:46:34 AM
pryceoflife posted...
I love how this guy shares his opinions with everyone and yells atus if we call it flawed

He did call his solution "No.1" so it's clear that he believes he's right.

But just like most of the people who post these kinds of topics, they're in love with their babies. They come up with something (that others have thought of before usually), and they grow attached to their idea. So it hurts them when people disagree. You find that this happens often with lots of things.

Either way, it's a decent enough idea, but you should always expect criticism, especially on Gamefaqs.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#10luigispezzotti(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 3:46:45 AM
pryceoflife posted...

There was no "yelling", I simply explained why the "flaw" (pertaining to Trick Room users) isn't in the end a flaw at all.