This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

there is a lot of awful trainers on this board....

#1zado19Posted 9/27/2013 4:15:04 AM
stop crying about IVs and learn how to raise your pokemon you bums.....

its not that hard

why should they take variety out of the game just bc you suck????
---
the kids here are incredibly ignorant, he prolly doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground. - Maverick_Reznor
#2DrDon_ChiPosted 9/27/2013 4:17:28 AM
did u see the guy who wanted a rare candy like item for IVs ..-.-
---
I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death.
Archer - Unlimited Blade Works
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 9/27/2013 4:17:55 AM
ITT: wanting to to battle instead of running back and forth for DAYS on end just to hatch a Pokemon with good IVs = Being bad at the game.

I win battles online all the time, and my Pokemon's IVs suck. EVs, Natures, abilities, and movesets are what you need. IVs are much more trouble than they're worth.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF
#4MikeAtTheSourcePosted 9/27/2013 4:18:57 AM
Its awful really it is. I dont even care about EVs till post game. My game run team is just for fun. I saw one guy say he wanted to be fully ev trained before the first gym..
#5DrDon_ChiPosted 9/27/2013 4:22:20 AM
MikeAtTheSource posted...
Its awful really it is. I dont even care about EVs till post game. My game run team is just for fun. I saw one guy say he wanted to be fully ev trained before the first gym..

lol wow i thought the topics winning about doublade were funny. but people that have no idea what they are talking about. and i second that Ev training post game
---
I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death.
Archer - Unlimited Blade Works
#6MikeAtTheSourcePosted 9/27/2013 4:24:40 AM
But ev training isnt even hard. Its not supposed to be handed over. People really just want things handed to them. I hope super training isnt till post game in spite of some of you.
#7hmmmmnamePosted 9/27/2013 4:24:45 AM
Anything in a game (especially the most important aspect of said game) that relies completely on RNG is a bad Idea. ANY idea would be better than an RNG even after 5000 tries you might not get max IV's which is why it's a bad system (then again I pokegen so I don't care so much).
---
See you Space Cowboy. - PSN Suppleness
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 9/27/2013 4:26:18 AM
MikeAtTheSource posted...

For all I care, EVs don't exist until post-game and my in-game team disappears once I transfer my old Pokemon up.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF
#9SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 9/27/2013 4:32:35 AM
<-- Knows nothing of IVs since hasn't cared much about them in the past other than when comparing a bunch of hatchlings bred to get the right Nature and good moveset.

How big of a difference do IVs really make in the log run? If you take two Pokemon with the same Nature, same moveset, same EV spred and with one having all perfect IVs and the other one having all average IVs, is it really such a monumental difference? Can it even be noticed?

And for people that battle online using PokemonShowdown or a similar sight, can you share some fight recordings of battles you've had with your "tailored" Pokemon? I just want to see if the "best" is what I picture it being and to either re-affirm that it isn't much or show that it is a big deal.
---
.: Cube World :: <>====|=<(>o<)[__] @>~~ o===<(>o<) :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#10mehmetskiPosted 9/27/2013 4:33:29 AM
gen5 brought such a great thing for you guys: N's pokemon
they all have 30 IVs in every stat. so you can easily breed all the perfect IVs you need on your pokemon. why are IVs even a thing to talk about anymore?
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256