This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

there is a lot of awful trainers on this board....

#11ColtCababaPosted 9/27/2013 4:53:41 AM
There's worse on this board...
---
"Say goodbye to the good old days. They never coming back, watch your future fade."
#12PsychoSeagullPosted 9/27/2013 4:55:38 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
ITT: wanting to to battle instead of running back and forth for HOURS.

Fix'd, lets not kid ourselves here as long as you have the right parents you can have a useable mon within a few hours.
---
Placeholder sig til I think of one
#13CakeOfLiesPosted 9/27/2013 4:59:58 AM
PsychoSeagull posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
ITT: wanting to to battle instead of running back and forth for HOURS.

Fix'd, lets not kid ourselves here as long as you have the right parents you can have a useable mon within a few hours.

Flawless Ditto + Gible with fantastic IVs = Only days instead of weeks.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF
#14HeliotropePosted 9/27/2013 5:02:11 AM
MikeAtTheSource posted...
Its awful really it is. I dont even care about EVs till post game. My game run team is just for fun. I saw one guy say he wanted to be fully ev trained before the first gym..

Pfft. What idiots do that? Just wait until after you've finished the main game. It doesn't matter if your Pokemon get the wrong EV's during 'storymode' That's what EV-reducing berries are for.

Not to mention that the Pokemon you catch during story mode usually have terrible IV's and natures (though I only catch ones with the right nature...) and aren't worth EV-training anyway...
---
Currently taking a break from AC:NL. Will start a new town on new year's day. n_n
3DS FC: 2208-4574-2359
#15zado19(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 5:59:42 AM
DrDon_Chi posted...
did u see the guy who wanted a rare candy like item for IVs ..-.-

lol really??
---
the kids here are incredibly ignorant, he prolly doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground. - Maverick_Reznor
#16gladwyn101Posted 9/27/2013 6:09:34 AM
zado19 posted...
stop crying about IVs and learn how to raise your pokemon you bums.....

its not that hard

why should they take variety out of the game just bc you suck????

1) We already know how.

2) It isn't hard, it's just tedious, boring, and broken.

3) We already have variety with Natures and EVs.

4) Saying people suck is likely to get you modded.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#17MogKnightAzurePosted 9/27/2013 6:19:35 AM
zado19 posted...
stop crying about IVs and learn how to raise your pokemon you bums.....

its not that hard

why should they take variety out of the game just bc you suck????

I'm not sure how riding a bike back and forth for hours equates to skill. Maybe you can explain?

Besides, you're also implying that the strength of your pokemon is enough to win your battles. The only way you're going to be worth jack in a battle is getting in there and actually fighting other players, learning what to expect from ANY pokemon, predicting moves and planning your attacks/switches accordingly. Hacking in a team of OU sets from smogon is a sure way to get absolutely curbstomped.

Its cute that you can beat pokemon games, it really is. You would be crushed online.
#18The Eternal EvilPosted 9/27/2013 6:38:36 AM
Very few of the trainers arguing against IVs in their current itteration are unaware of how to IV breed and EV train making the basis of what you say not only silly, but a ridiculous assertation.

Get training item from battle subway. If possible also get Pokerus. Get drugs and add 100 evs to the two stats of your choice. Fight 15 battles against 1 ev giving pokemon or 30 if you lack pokerus. Remove training item and fight 1 more battle or two more if lacking pokerus. Repeat for secondary stat.

If doing multiple EVd stats even easier.

IV, breed until you get outstanding potential and 3 to 4 of your desired IVs are couldn't be better in that regard. Usually including speed, primary attack stat, and HP, sometimes second attack Stat for mixed sweepers. Defenses and HP are primary wants for wall pokemon or staller pokemon and the generally slower nature of such pokemon usually does not need a speed IV maxed.

Tell me more about this stuff I do not know about brah.
---
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.